To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Remaining time is infinity, My download never start

I am trying to download a movie using bitcomet the movie has 11114 seeds, the status of downloading all the time connecting and the remaining time is infinity and my download never started. Please help me how can I can slove this problem is it related to my connect type? I am not good in these issues what I need only to be able to download the movie. your help is my pleasure

Rami

Your peers column shows that this torrent is not seeded, meaning it's dead and will never download.

0/0 means your connected to zero seeds and zero peers

[0/26378] means there are zero seeds and 26378 peers reported by the tracker

Also, the fact that your listening port is blocked, either by a firewall, router or your isp, that means that none of the seeds/peers in any torrent can connect to you unless you initiate the connection. The problem with that is they may be busy when you try to connect to them, but when they need new peers, they can't reach you, so it would be unlikely you'd happen to get good peer connections. This however is not the reason this torrent doesn't download.

Dear Friend,

I am sorry that I can't understand the technical things you said, but I agree with you my listen port is blocked, I am trying to track the problem I read what written in the link http://wiki.bitcomet.com/create_firewall_rules and I noticed that I dont have the following UPnP framework allowed in my firewall. May be this is the reason or may be I am very far from the solution, However I just want to tell you that I am connecting from my company network may be this behind all this. I attached a snapshot for my firewall were no UPnP framework in it, I look for it in the list of programs I didn't find it in my labtop

I hope you can give me a way to troubleshoot the problem and easly find what preventing me from download movies. for you information this is not the only movie i failed to download, all my trials failed

Thanks you

post-67777-13075331022564.jpg

Most companies don't allow p2p downloading on their networks, and even if they do, you would need access to the router your connecting to in order to open your listening port.

I recommend you first begin with a known good torrent and see if it will download. Here is a link to get one of the torrents for OpenOffice.

http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/

If your unable to download one of their torrents, then I'd say your network is blocking bittorrent traffic. I'd also recommend you try OpenOffice, its a very good (and free) alternative to expensive programs like Microsoft office.

Most companies don't allow p2p downloading on their networks, and even if they do, you would need access to the router your connecting to in order to open your listening port.

I recommend you first begin with a known good torrent and see if it will download. Here is a link to get one of the torrents for OpenOffice.

http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/

If your unable to download one of their torrents, then I'd say your network is blocking bittorrent traffic. I'd also recommend you try OpenOffice, its a very good (and free) alternative to expensive programs like Microsoft office.

Dear UnUsual suspect

your expection comes true my company network is blocking bittorrent traffic, I couldn't download OpenOffice (snapshot), Now is there a possible way to unblock the bittorrent traffic, for example a sofware I can install or changing some configuration in my computer??

if it is an easy job pleas help as usual your r not hasitating in doing that. I approciate that to much

Thanks

post-67777-1307609831174.jpg

The only way I can see for you to resolve this would be to use a remote computer to run the torrents then use a non-bittorrent method to get the data to your computer. These remote servers are usually referred to as a "Seedbox", but be careful if your thinking of renting one of these because there are a lot of seedbox users that sell the use of there seedbox to others claiming it's a seedbox they are selling, when actually it is just a user account on a shared seedbox. Shared accounts usually have poor performance. Another option that BitComet offers is our VIP service. When using this in "Anonymous download" mode, you won't be connecting to the bittorrent tracker or any of the peers. Your task will be run on our remote server (much like a seedbox but much faster then most), then as the data is collected it will be sent to the local peer (you) using LTseed protocol (this protocol is proprietary to bitcomet, so I think it's much less likely to be blocked).

I can't promise you that our VIP service will get past your LAN security. I'll also add that our anonymous download is currently in beta testing, so you can only use it if your using the latest beta version of bitcomet, but your welcome to try it. There is a cost involved when using VIP servers though. Currently two plans are available, $4.99 for 30days (10gB max) or $19.99 for 90days (100gB max).

I don't want to encourage you to try it because I don't know if it will work or not, your lan might be blocking all forms of downloading, not just bittorrent, but it's the only possible solution that we have to offer. I'll also add that we have a free-trial plan (1gB), but it's been restricted to only high rank users because when we first offered it we had thousands upon thousands of free users all at once, which was unexpected and naturally crippled it's performance. Since then we have added many more servers and at some point after we add anon download to our stable release, we plan on lowering the limits on free users.

Another option you might want to consider is joining a newsgroup. These are private filesharing sites where you can direct download files rather then sharing via p2p (peer to peer). Giganews is one that I'm aware of and I've heard it's quite good. It won't have the same wide selection you can find via torrents, but all of your downloads should be fast, but naturally it's not free.

Some users download through sites like Rapidshare and megaupload. They can be annoying if you use them as a free user because they force you to wait between downloads, but you can try them for free at least. You'd need to find a website that hosts the links to the files. Most downloads come in multiple pieces that you then extract with a program like WinRar or 7Zip. One of these indexing sites you can try is WarForce.info. I've come to know the owner (Jack) over the last 5-6 years and it's a very handy site to find things not available on bittorrent, so give it a try if you like.

You can also look into a VPN service. This creates an encrypted connection to a remote computer, so you can run the torrents without your lan knowing it is p2p, but again it's usually not free and the cheap services will be extremely slow, and even the better one's will be slow compared to your potential speed without it.

I want to point out that companies which have blocks in place, usually also have policies in place, and if you ingeniously find a way to violate that policy, they fire your a** for cause.