To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

3D conversion foro my 3D Aquos

rickaug

I am a newbee to the new 3D technology. I wanted to know what program could I use in order to convert the 3D videos that I have downloaded from BitComet to a format that my Sharp 3D Aquos and Sharp 3D glasses would regonize? Or is there someway of converting it so that my Sharp 3D Blu Ray player could play it? Thank You in advance for the help in this matter!!! Also any suggestions what site I could go to in order to learn more about all the different formats for 3D???

This isn't the best forum to ask this, but even if we were experts in 3D video, we still would need to know what kind of source video you're using and what your device supports.

As far as bitcomet is concerned, it's only job is to download the files you are obtaining from a 3rd party. Once the download is complete, it's job is finished.

To answer your question (the best a newbee can) I think the source video is something called 1080p Half-SBS ACS, and Anaglyph(whatever those are???). I have no idea what the Sharp Aquos 3D LC-60LE835U supports (any idea where I could find that out?) Thanks for your help in this matter!

Here is a forum that explains some of this, I'd register and post your questions there if you can't find the info posted already.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1288956

Also, you're probably going to run into problems playing downloaded video on your bluray device due to things like Cinavia DRM that will shut down the playback or mute the audio if it's not coming from the original bluray disc.

I'd recommend getting a media player with opensource firmware, like the Mvix Ultio Pro. This will play any type of video and should update to any future types of video. Since the firmware is opensource, it's not possible for the manufacturer or any legal process (laws) to force DRM to install.

The Western Digital TV Live will also play any current video and is much cheaper, but who knows if future updates will contain DRM

If there's more general interest in this, look over http://www.3dtv.at/Index_en.aspx and especially their stereoscopic player. It will work, at least for anaglyph, on an ordinary monitor. Anaglyph is the type of 3D where you need those red-and-blue glasses. You can, BTW, buy these glasses on the web. I'd never seen a pair that would fit decently over my existing glasses, so I bought a pair (two, actually - minimum order) built as clip-on sunglasses a la Polaroid, the sort that flip up. Much easier to live with.

You can also get regular-looking sunglasses with these lenses, not as uncomfortable or dumb as the cardboard things that get handed out.