To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

LTS monopolizes bandwidth!

Z3r0kool

you can lock the thread and say what you want about me.

ive seen my torrent client make my browser not work by using ALL available bandwidth.

long term seed is supposidly helpful, and people will seed, but downloads are slowed down when LTS is on.

upload is maxed out. ive showed you screen shots.

im giving feedback because for years LTS has made my life difficult.

when downloading, look at peers, go ahead, how many use bitcomet?...

maybe they didnt feel like digging into your press releases and documentation and found the client maxing there connection?? how many use utorrent?

im going to uninstall my bitcomet now.

Edited by The UnUsual Suspect
removal of rude and insulting comments that violate our terms of service (see edit history)

If you don't like LTseed, then disable it, it's clear you don't understand it.

ive seen my torrent client make my browser not work by using ALL available bandwidth.

finding the proper settings will fix that. We would even have been glad to help you if you made a topic and asked, instead of jumping in the middle of another persons support request. Forums have rules and your using a free product and getting free support from volunteers, we aren't obligated to put up with childish behavior or rants from users who have an exaggerated sense of entitlement. If you don't like bitcomet, I'll personally refund your purchase price.

long term seed is supposidly helpful, and people will seed, but downloads are slowed down when LTS is on.

This is an example of what you don't understand. The purpose of LTseed is to speed up downloads, and it does just that. We've documented it increasing speeds greater then 10x the speed of a torrent on tasks with few bittorrent peers and many ltseed peers.

upload is maxed out. ive showed you screen shots.

Using proper settings works wonders, you should listen more and speak less (just my opinion)

im giving feedback because for years LTS has made my life difficult.

You can disable it by clicking one little checkbox, or you can limit how much bandwidth it uses. I even recommend users with very slow upload either limit or disable it, which I would have told you if you had read that annoying topic that's linked throughout the forum titles "READ THIS before posting", and made your own topic, but instead you jumped into the middle of another members topic. Not polite.

m going to uninstall my bitcomet now.

Best news I've heard all day. Take your attitude over to another forum, see if they put up with it.

LT Seeding is awesome if you learn how to use it..... I am not saying that I am an expert or anything of the sort, but after numerous trials and errors as well as reading a lot here on the forums, I think I have figured it out....

Try this -

open the torrent file and start downloading (with LT seeding off) .... if you are getting what you think is a below average download rate, stop the download and turn LT Seeding on. then restart the torrent, if you look under the files tab it will tell you if there are any LT Seeds available, if there are you will definitely start getting a higher download rate than before.... LT Seeding is just another option ( just like E Donkey) that allows you to connect to different types of users ...

( just another little tid bit - LT Seeding really starts to shine if you go ahead and create a bit comet id and make sure to log in) / It doesn't sound that impressive to gain an addition LT seeding spot per rank up, but just remember this, every extra connection you get is that much faster of a download in the long run. I really wish I had a screen shot that showed an initial download of around 200 Kb/s , and then after enabling LT Seeding, Getting a download if over 1500 KB/s. )

Solar....

initial download of around 200 Kb/s , and then after enabling LT Seeding, Getting a download if over 1500 KB/s.

This is actually very common. Not all tasks will see an improvement this dramatic, but some will see even greater speed increase. When your using public torrents, there is no question that bitcomet can download faster if LTseed peers are available.

And LTseed can even finish a download that has no seeders. I'm sure everyone has been stuck there at one time or another, just hoping a seeder will return. Then a random bitcomet peer arrives, connects to LTseed, eMule,or even a different torrent with some or all of the same files, and suddenly he becomes a seeder and everyone finishes the torrent.

It not only helps you, it helps the entire swarm.