To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Listen Port TCP&UDP..+UpNp port mappping

please help me..

im using bit comet before this,i have no problem with bitcomet,when i format my laptop and re install it,I cannot download any kind of torrent..

and when i log in,it says that cannot connect server..

and statistics also show that UpNp NAT port mapping failed(UPNP not found),Listen port TCP,UDP failed..

im using wifi service..using bit comet 1.6,window 7...i dont know what router&modem i used..sorry:(

hehhehee..my bad..bitcomet v.1.3..

wifi-wireless internet connection

i dont know how to check type of Internet connection,i dont know how to answer question number 3&4;(

im using window7 home premium,64-bit

using avira antivirus

my problem is not speed problem but my problem is i canot access to server..i even cannot sign in..my torrent is not downloaded..no progress have been made..

i try to solve for 2 days-using bitcomettrackerv.2.0..but still no progress..

sorry for inconvenience

Edited by cabronez21 (see edit history)

problem is i canot access to server..i even cannot sign in...

What server are you trying to access?

You don't need to be signed in into CometID in order to be able to download.

If you are not capable of answering questions 3&4 then I suggest you make an effort to find someone who can clear that for you.

You obviously require a level of hand-holding which this forum is unlikely to be able to provide.

If you are connected through wireless to a router, the obvious question was WHO's router is that: yours or somebody else's?

If it's yours all that you need to do is walk up to it, and read its make and model from the back of the device.

If it's not yours then you need to talk to the one who owns it, because we can't do that for you.

Also try to do a better job at describing your problem (i.e. what steps you did so far and what exact results you got).

i try to solve for 2 days-using bitcomettrackerv.2.0..but still no progress..

Why are you even trying to use the BitComet Tracker? That is for setting up your own tracker, and it requires a detailed knowledge of networking and databases just to start with. I am assuming you are just flailing around here, guessing and trying things, but this is the wrong direction.

What server are you trying to access?

You don't need to be signed in into CometID in order to be able to download.

thats my problem..after i re-install BitComet v.1.3..I just cant download,even i am not signing it..

im using my university's wireless network connection(not mine i guess)..

you mean the SSID? i cannot ask someone because none of my member know about this things..I send you printed screen picture..

i try google ing,is this my type of router?:http://revip.info/ipinfo/10.10.86.2

using internet protocol ipv4.

i really want to use bitcomet again..is there other alternatve way?

im sorry to bother all of you..but i need help,n i'll learn from all of you:) thank you...

post-84723-13223674117085.png

post-84723-13223675107362.png

• 2 weeks later...

It means that I'm right and you can't use BitTorrent unless the IT department of your University expressly allows you to, your only chance is to write your LAN IP address on a service request form and forward it to them, saying you're working on a major (phony) project and that you need a lot of outgoing ports to complete it, and not be expelled or something, if they don't actively monitor your traffic you might just get away with it.

It's your neck on the line. No pressure.

You're only wasting your time and ours. As you were told, either get your system administrator to open a port for you to use (never heard of a university lan actually doing that, but you can try), or get your own internet connection.

Even if we wanted to, we aren't going to teach you how to hack your schools network so you can break the rules and get yourself expelled.

*topic closed*