To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

newbie with questions

bamfurlong

hi can anyone help i have noticed that some users ask a particular uploader for certain movies books etc how do you do this ie contacting them for requests thanks to all and keep up the good work pirate bay is the best

bamfurlong

It generally doesn't work. Particularly amusing are those that ask known robots for files. Those messages will never be read.

Most sites have associated forums. Check there for a place to post requests, but read the rules to make sure this is allowed, first.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me with a question I have about torrents... What does WEBscr xvid mean? How is it recorded. I know cam is obvious but I dont understand this one and is it worth watching? Thank you for any help

scr means it's a screener, a pre-release version of the movie that has been produced to submit for award consideration or for test audiences. Generally they are quickly produced and may be slightly lower quality then the retail dvd that often releases months after the movie releases, but the screener is often used before the movies theater date.

Web refers to the source, which means this screener was streamed over the internet, so may have quality issues related to streaming.

xvid is the codec used when encoding the video which is compatible with any divx compatible dvd player.