To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Vip Acceleration doesn't work, prepare for my download channel forever.

ice0vincent

I bought a 100G plan few hour ago, so far VIP acceleration is totally useless. I have read a few threads with reference to this problem, and I now kind of regret that I didn't do some research about it before I purchasing. I am a pure chinese from China. In those threads I found out the fact that whole development team is in China, hence I went back to Chinese official forum. there, I actually found something really interesting. The fact is, that Chinese version of BitComet doesn't have such thing like VIP acceleration. Now, I am lost here, I can't stop wondering if there really is vip acceleration.

That there is a different Chinese version of BitComet is news to us. As far as we're aware, there's only one -- with support for multiple languages, but the same feature set throughout.

Send a PM to Zerojinn to request a refund. You can also apply for one through PayPal, if that's how you paid.

• 1 month later...

tem como alguem me dizer?

Hola, dirígete al foro Español e intentaré ayudarte lo mejor que pueda.:)

Hi, head over to the Spanish forum and I'll try to help you the best I can. :)

• 3 months later...

It appears that if one does purchase a VIP acceleration package it does not work! If you do not, then with an ever increasing regularity, one encounters "VIP acceleration cancelled" message next to a torrent line and those torrents either never starts or never completes!!! A very odd decision to take by BitComet! Not at all user friendly and extremely frustrating... If not altered, seriously considering living BitComet...

It appears that if one does purchase a VIP acceleration package it does not work! If you do not, then with an ever increasing regularity, one encounters "VIP acceleration cancelled" message next to a torrent line and those torrents either never starts or never completes!!! A very odd decision to take by BitComet! Not at all user friendly and extremely frustrating... If not altered, seriously considering living BitComet...

In order for a torrent to work, the resources needed to download the files need to be present in the peers you connect to. If they are not, then the torrent won't download, you need to find another. Enabling VIP won't magically allow you to download something that doesn't exist, it's purpose is to help you download faster or to download it anonymously.

• 2 weeks later...