To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet 1.33

disneytoystory

• 2 weeks later...

The links on BitComet home site work just fine for me; I tested them now.

As for the other sites, you might want to contact their administrators to let them know that they don't host the latest versions of the software.

The BitComet team doesn't have any administrative rights over those sites neither can it force them to post the latest version of BitComet in due time.

It's the job of their web site admins team to keep it up to date and I don't see much that could be done from this other part.

But in my experience it's quite customary for a lot of software hosting sites, that you don't always get exactly the last version of every software that's present on the site.

After all they have to maintain an up-to-date database of thousands of applications.

I'm not sure if it's such a walk in the park, keeping track of the last version on every single application out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Apryed, I just tried it about a minute ago an it is working pefectly. (There is no restriction of any sort that I can see for your location... I am in the same country and have the same ISP as you.)

I recommend that you make it a habit of downloading BitComet from its Oficial website site here.

I can't. That's what I'm saying. There's no way for me to download them.

I also tryed the plugins from your Download section.

http://www.bitcomet.com/doc/download-achive.php

I use Firefox 15.0.1 (Last Version), Win Xp Pro (32 Bits) + UPnP. I Also tryed IE 8.0.6001.18702 (Last Version for XP).

Is there anything I can do?

P.S.: Cassie, If you have read my older posts, what I first say was:

BitComet Download link's are Down or Outdated

All links from BitComet (32 or 64 bits): Down

From AppHit.com: Version 1.32

From Softonic.com: Version 1.31

Check and fix them, please.

Thanks.

They are down, at least, for me. So... any sugestions?

Hmmm... yes, I did read your first post (it's my nightly routine to read each thread from the very beginning), but I don't understand why you're not getting through... I just tried all of the links in your posts and have accessed and been able to download everything listed.

I also use Windows XP (Pro and Home) SP3, Malwarebytes, Ad-Aware,SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition and Firefox (can't be bothered to upgrade from version 12.0, though). Also tried with IE 8.0.6001.18702 (even though I never use it) and also have no problems.

The fact that you, personally, cannot download (for example) the latest version, does not mean that the links are down or faulty or outdated (clearly if that were the case, many more people would be ranting, believe me).

Do you get any sort of message when you try to download? What do you see/happens when you try? Did this issue happen before or just recently? What other "security" applications do you have installed in your system?