Vip, WiP

Sharuga624

ok ,

1. ver 1.38 64 bit

2. cable internet : ISP is bigpond

3. modem/router is Netgear cable home network gateway CGD24N V2

4. -

5. Windows 7 home premium , firewall by Norton 360 , antivirus Norton 360

6. no specific files - just can't get VIP to work - files will download with VIP not enabled

thanks again,

bubudean

p.s. sorry for not starting a post for this - I am new to this and figured to add to the existing post as it was related to my problems.

The first step I'd like to do is test VIP to make sure the servers are working and I'd like to use a task that you've confirmed doesn't work for you otherwise I could be just wasting time and resources.

Also, do you have anonymous option enabled? if so that should have been the first thing you mentioned. I'm assuming you do because without this option VIP works in a hybrid mode where it will get data any way it can, but in anonymous mode it will only get the data through anonymous connections.

I will also need to know if you have LTseed enabled and if the emule plugin is installed.

There are 19 torrents for that show on that website alone, probably hundreds if you expand to other trackers as well. I'd need the exact torrent you are using. Right click on the task and copy the magnet URI link.

Hi Xtreme, glad to see you again after so long.

You seem to have a grasp of how vip works, it will benefit users with limited upload ability or those who want to use anonymous download feature. As for the servers, I don't believe any of them are physically located in China, rather in many locations. VIP had a rough start, many users purchased it for the wrong reasons, for example it cannot finish an unseeded task, it cannot defy the laws of science by downloading faster than your connection speed allows.

If you want to own your own seedbox that would probably be a better option for someone who downloads a lot, but these days you have to be careful where you rent your servers from.

Thank you TheUnUsualSuspect! I never forget the time with funchords and our little battle trying to get the private server admins to understand, and I remember my request to alter the bittorrent user-agent! And I see it is implemented, and most trackers have unbanned BitComet now (if not, just alter user-agent to uTorrent/2.4). Amazing. I am back! :)

https://kickass.to/p...-t10506738.html or this one

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:905B83C548FADF5FD0DFC2D6A6482588F896E6CD&dn=person+of+interest+s04e20+hdtv+x264+lol+ettv&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fglotorrents.pw%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337

sorry you are dealing with an old newbie

I've tested your torrent and it downloaded in about 2 minutes with VIP enabled, so I couldn't confirm your problem but I did find a couple other problems which I've reported to the development team.

In my test I found when downloading with anonymous mode enabled there was no sources for the .nfo file, so the torrent couldn't complete past 99.8%. This is what happens when users disable these small files, it prevents them from being able to share the entire torrent with other users. BitComet resolved this problem by creating "padding files", but they weren't adopted by the rest of the community so when files are downloaded from non-bittorrent sources, the last piece in the file can only complete if the next file in the torrent is present and complete. This is a frustrating problem when the rest of the community won't cooperate in a solution, but in your case I have no idea why it wouldn't complete since you claim you tried it with and without anonymous enabled and as I mentioned the torrent downloaded in about 2 minutes with VIP enabled.

I'm even more confused why it suddenly works if you disable VIP.

For the long term, I've reported all my findings to development and I expect they will be doing quite a bit of testing and working on any of this they are able to confirm.

For the short term, you're welcome to continue to try VIP on other tasks and see if you can get it to work with your connection, or you're welcome to request a refund for the purchase price if it doesn't work for you.

Thank you TheUnUsualSuspect! I never forget the time with funchords and our little battle trying to get the private server admins to understand, and I remember my request to alter the bittorrent user-agent! And I see it is implemented, and most trackers have unbanned BitComet now (if not, just alter user-agent to uTorrent/2.4). Amazing. I am back! :)

Yes my friend, those were good days. I haven't spoken to funchords lately. Last we spoke he was very ill and I hope he's doing well.

Regarding using a forged user-agent, I believe this is easy to detect, so I wouldn't recommend it if you value your account on that tracker.

ps. I have an older version of uTorrent (before it became bloated and bundled with adware) installed on my office computer that I use for trackers that still won't allow BC. On private torrents the more advanced features BitComet has developed cannot be used so there is no advantage using BC, and when it comes to a simple bittorrent transfer, the folks at uTorrent had a nice lean client.

Yes it was. :)

I am sorry to hear that :( I hope he's doing well. He was a good friendly guy too.

Yeah, uTorrent was good; but I don't like their cooperation with EpicScale; it is said it installs a BitCoin miner in the newest version of uTorrent; it mines BitCoins to BitTorrent Inc. that owns uTorrent by using your CPU when idle. So I recommend using older versions, versions they made before they started the EpicScale cooperation.

http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/95041-warning-epicscale-riskware-installed-with-latest-utorrent/

Yes my friend, those were good days. I haven't spoken to funchords lately. Last we spoke he was very ill and I hope he's doing well.

Regarding using a forged user-agent, I believe this is easy to detect, so I wouldn't recommend it if you value your account on that tracker.

ps. I have an older version of uTorrent (before it became bloated and bundled with adware) installed on my office computer that I use for trackers that still won't allow BC. On private torrents the more advanced features BitComet has developed cannot be used so there is no advantage using BC, and when it comes to a simple bittorrent transfer, the folks at uTorrent had a nice lean client.

Edited by XSTREM (see edit history)

Yes, it's funny that they have gone to the "dark side" with their adware, things they have often unfairly accused bitcomet of doing, but the things in bitcomet that they claim are "ads" are only self promotion of free games and services developed by the bitcomet team. It's no different than microsoft's hotmail announcing a new software release from microsoft. The definition of "ads" has always been commercial in nature when a 3rd party pays (directly or indirectly) for promotion of their product or service. They also worked very hard spreading FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) everytime BitComet released new ground-breaking technology in the client. It's amazing that people ever believed some of the rumors they spread, yet we never responded in kind.

• 2 months later...

I am getting 20kb/s. And my VIP download channel is ready. WTF??

Wow!... with all of that detailed information (to say nothing about misreporting the proper measures...1kB = 8 kb) about your own particular setup, it's little wonder that nobody can even begin to help you... <_<

Suggestion:

Start your very own thread, and provide, at least, this in your next post.

Please, if you don't want to provide us more information so we can try to help you, just go to paypal and request a refund. We are volunteers who try to help everyone. All of our staff are experts in torrenting and in BitComet and volunteer our time, but you didn't buy the service from us and we aren't here to deal with complaints. I don't use vip nor have any need for it myself. I only use it for testing torrents that users report as not working, but I don't even have access to do that now so if you're unhappy just get a refund please.