To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

My torrent is extremely slow after reinstalling my Windows 7

Danxity

Please someone help me. I had to reinstall my Windows 7 and my torrent is extremely slow. Before I reinstalled my Windows I had my downloads and uploads going at 1000kBps, now my download speed is less than 200kBps, and my upload rate is close to 0. I just tried to open a new torrent with over 2000 leechers and seeders and it's not starting up at all. I left it on for 2 hours and still at 0.

My listen port has the green light on.

I just downloaded the latest version of BitComet today from the main site. Version 1.34 64Bit

I'm using FTTH

I'm using a DLINK DIR 655 router, which is connect to my ISP's modem. I have not forwarded any ports.

I only have 1 router connected to the modem and all my devices are connected to this router.

I'm using Windows 7 64Bit, and I didn't install any anti-virus or any 3rd party firewalls.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2469004763.png

Ok now the torrent with over 2000 seeders is downloading at 1000kBps+ but the upload speed is still close to 0.

My other torrent which only has about 200 seeder is only downloading around 200kBps, and the upload rate is also close to 0. But this torrent was running faster before I reinstalled my Windows.

After I reinstalled my Windows it seems and I been on my computer for a few hours and I been getting the green light for the listen port for at least 4 hours, but now it seem to be turn off to yellow light for some reason and I don't know how to get it back to green light but the download speeds seem to be fine. It seem like I'm just having upload speed issues. It still near the 0kBps for upload rate.

Even with the yellow light on I can still get pretty good download speeds.

You should setup portforwarding in your router, there are guides at portforward.com on doing this as well as in our forum. When your port is blocked you cannot receive any incoming connections, so peers wanting you to upload to them cannot connect to you unless you request the connection, but you have no way of knowing they need your data unless you happen to connect to them randomly. Until you fix the port issue you're going to have poor performance, but in some cases you can get enough connections to get good download speeds even with a blocked port, but this is only true on extremely strong torrents.

I just tried opening up a listen port (55000), and I'm not getting the yellow light any more. My download and upload speeds are incredibly slow still.

Before I reinstalled windows I would go on this site http://www.canyouseeme.org/ to figure out my IP and Port and in BitComet I would input those value for Proxy Server and Proxy Port and I would get really good speeds for Upload and Download but it doesn't work any more. :( Everything is at 0 if I try this now.

Edited by cassie (see edit history)

If your WAN indicator is green, then you have an open listening port, no further work should be required.

As for your speed, the overall gut feeling I get from reading your posts is that some tasks are slow, some are fast. This is to be expected. When it comes to download speed, this depends on connection with peers that have data you need and available bandwidth to send it to you. The open port will help you find the good peer connections as lot faster, but just like the mailbox on your home, you can't expect it to be full of mail each day if no one is sending you any and a lack of mail doesn't indicate a problem with your postal service, likewise bitcomet may be working properly. In regards to upload, you need connections with peers that are looking for what you have. You may establish a connection to peers that are already receiving as much as their connection will receive, so they won't request from you until they need more pieces. When the requests do come in, it's important that you respond quickly, this is why we recommend setting your max upload speed to 80% of your tested max line speed, reserving 20% for overhead and routine browsing, etc...

I suggest you run a speedtest, speedtest.net is a good service to use for this, make sure nothing else is using your internet and bitcomet is shut off and run several tests until you find an average reproducible test result. You can post the results here if you'd like our help in calculating the settings to use, or if you do it yourself make sure you adjust the settings to reflect that the "b" in kbs and mbs stands for "bits" and "B" stands for " Bytes", which are very different units. 8b=1B. Your ISP and most speed tests use bits (to make the numbers sound more impressive), but Bittorrent uses Bytes, so the results need to be converted.

Ok. Thank you. Here are my results from speedtest.net.

http://www.speedtest.../2485552649.png

I will try a few more torrents and see how it goes for my download speed.

Mod Edit: Please use the "Reply to this topic" option, unless there is a specific reason for quoting the post directly prior to your own.

Edited by cassie (see edit history)

I cannot read any of the stats on your screenshot, it looks like you've done something wrong when preparing it. Are you able to read it?

Sorry let me try uploading again. First image is my first image i tried to show. Second image with 4 downloads is something new i want to share that where I'm also getting very slow speeds that has plenty of seeds. I left this on over night just last night. I left it on for at least 8 hours now. The 100% file finished in less than 30mins for me. The other 3 like I left it on for about 8 hours now.

post-102768-0-24008700-1360597733.png

post-102768-0-45533600-1360597743.jpg