To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

help with port fowarding

As the title says i need some help with port fowarding and thanx in advance for any help yu can give me. Im not computer savvy so can you please help because i am completely stuck.

i have

bitcomet 64bit 1.36 with windows 7 and im connected to the net with an adsl cable.

I have 1 wireless router a mercury MW310R model number 1.0/2.0.

i have no idea how to allow my listening port with my router bitcommet is alowed with my firewall avg 2013 free. I only use the 1 firewall i have windows firewall turned off.

if you need any other info let me know and ill find it for you.

thankyou again for any help you can give me.

i have no idea how to allow my listening port with my router bitcommet is alowed with my firewall avg 2013 free. I only use the 1 firewall i have windows firewall turned off.

Sorry, I got somewhat confused... You say that you only have one firewall turned on, yes? Would this be your router's firewall?

Sounds like you allowed bitcomet in your software firewall, but not in your router, which also has a firewall. I suggest you take some time and read this article Add Port Mapping in NAT Router

You can also find guides to setup most popular routers at portforward.com, just avoid the attempts to sell you software to do it for you, setting up the software is no easier than forwarding your port. Once you skip the advertisments, it will take you to the guides that work quite well.

yes ive allowed bitcommet with the software firewall and followed the instructions in the artical you mentioned and tried portforward.com but i cant find my router in the list they give. my problem is that i cant figure out how to forward with my router. I live in china but im not chinese im australian and can speak chinese but i cant read chinese well and the only info i can find about my router is written in chinese. im completely stuck at the moment trying to access my routers firewall. i can use the internet by pluging the cable directling into my pc and bypassing the wireless router but the listening port is still blocked so that didnt help me. Is there a way of checking what step i may have got wrong if i have made a mistake somewhere along the line.

Your internet connection is, in fact, shared. You're connecting to an ethernet connection to a LAN (local area network) that is probably controlled by your landlord, or whoever owns the building.

To confirm this, you can go to a website like whatsmyip.org and you will see the IP you're currently using begins with 125.39.xxx.xxx, but when you run the IPconfig command your IP is listed as 192.168.xxx.xxx. If you were connected directly to the internet with no routers the two IP addresses would be identical.

The only way you can open your listening port is to get access to the router that controls that LAN (not the second router that you've installed). I would suggest asking whoever is providing the internet connection for a dedicated port to use,

However in many situations like apartment buildings the management won't help tenants to use p2p because it tends to consume bandwidth.

Up Time: 5:10:16

Overall Tasks: Total: 100 / Running: 13

TCP Connections: Established: 0 [MAX:Unlimited] / Half-Open: 3 [MAX:200]

LAN IP: 192.168.0.150

WAN IP: 122.150.33.226

Listen Port of TCP: 21875 (Blocked by Firewall/Router)

Listen Port of UDP: 21875 (Opened in Firewall/Router)

Windows Firewall: Added [TCP added, UDP added, TCP(ED2K) added, UDP(ED2K) added]

UPnP NAT port mapping: Failed [Windows version Not Supported!]

Disk Boost Service: Running

Overall Download Rate: 0 kB/s [MAX:1000] Max Connection Limits: 50 per task

Overall Upload Rate: 0 kB/s [MAX:1000] LT Seeding: 0 kB/s [MAX:994] All BT Upload Slots: 0

Memory Usage: Working Set: 59.98 MB, Commit Size: 84.80 MB

Free Memory: Phys: 2.10 GB (Min to keep: 50 MB), Pagefile: 6.27 GB, Virtual: 8,191 GB

Disk Cache Size: 0 B (Min: 15 MB, Max: 100 MB)

Disk Read Statistics: Request: 17492 (freq: 0.0/s), Actual Disk Read: 878 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 94.9%

Disk Write Statistics: Request: 26414 (freq: 0.0/s), Actual Disk Write: 2968 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 88.7%

Total Downloaded: 127.17 GB (this session: 453.88 MB)

Total Uploaded: 21.93 GB (this session: 261.26 MB)

IT SAYS window version not supported??

is this bitcom or the router??

Help please, i cannot get the port status light green, it stays yellow

The problem is not in your router, if it was your port would have been open when you bypassed your router and when you ran the "ipconfig" command, your IPv4 address would have been the same as your WAN address but the fact that it was a local LAN address "192.168.xxx.xxx" proves there is another router. This is usually the case when you have an ethernet cable that plugs into the wall.

You probably live in an apartment building and all the units connect through the same router. You need to contact whoever administrates that network if you want this resolved, without access to that router there is nothing that can be done.

Hi thnx for response.

But, I live in a house and I am the "admin"

The telephone cable connects directly to my Netgear Router

My windows 7 firewall allows Bitcomet

In log above it says this version of windows is not supported??????

Is that the problem??

Cheers

Bill G

You haven't provided complete info to begin with.

In the beginning you had a Mercury router.

Now you have a NetGear one.

Did this one replace the other?

Is this besides the previous? If yes why did you think fit to omit that?

In this rhythm I think you'll manage to open your port by Christmas the soonest, I guess.

In case you're not quite aware, the forum staff here are real persons with real jobs in their daily life.

When they decide to sacrifice a chunk of their time out of free will to log in here and check the new posts, if they see a long and convoluted mess like the one above, do you think they'll feel like visiting this topic, again soon?

Would you if you were in our shoes?

I'm not busting your balls, just presenting you with a different perspective.

It seems you're having 2 routers, not one (yet we're not 100% sure after so long). If that's the case I suggest you start reading the topic below, go through the introduction then read all the Manual port forwarding section up until the end and pay special attention to the Cascading Routers sub-section.

Add Port Mapping in NAT Router

Forget about UPNP you don't need that.