To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Torrent file opening failed

steve1957

My BitComet v.1.36 downloads some files ( .rar .exe and etc. ) as files only- with missing extension.Then i put .rar or .exe to open them.When download is a folder- inside it files are in correct extension.Please help me !

Edit by forum staff: Please don't ask questions in the middle of another persons support request. Please make your own topic after reading the rules.

I have tried to run the latest BitComet 1.36 I downloaded from the BitComet site and I get the error message "Can't initialize plug-in directory please try again later" this error message keeps coming up each time. I did not want to completely remove my existing version of BitComet from my computer as I still have torrents to download and don't want to loss the history of my downloaded torrents. Do have any other choice that to delete my existing version of BitComet from my computer and try to install a new version?

You can install a new version without losing your tasks, or if you want to try a new version without replacing your current version you can download the .zip version from the link in my signature, extract the .zip and run the .exe. No installation is required, but don't attempt to run both versions at the same time.