To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Stop Download at 4PM until 6AM everyday

pisist62

BitComet is stop downloading at 4PM and start again at 6AM everyday. I made forward port and WAN status is green. All firewalls are open for BitComet port 58290. I do not know what is exactly problem. Internet speed is not down. Other download is fine. I did format HDD and re-install Win7 and BitComet but problem remains the same.

Untitled 1.jpg

Edited by pisist62
made some modification in the message (see edit history)

pisist62,

Let me inform you about how these forums work:

You ask for help by posting an issue in the proper forum. You wait for someone to try to aid you - this could be someone from the Staff or another member.

Keep in mind that nobody here gets paid - we are all volunteering our own free time to try to help others, so it's pretty rude to "demand" help "quickly" from others who, just like everyone else, have normal lives outside BitComet.

You DO NOT send PMs to Staff members - these forums are for the benefit of ALL users, not just for a selected few, and ALL replies are done via the public forums, NOT privately nor on a one-to-one basis.

You DO NOT report a post (whether someone else's or your own), unless you find the content out of place...that is to say, vulgar, offensive, spam or otherwise undesirable in these forums. Using the Report function in an incorrect fashion can and will get you warnings, and/or ultimately get you banned from the site.

I hope that I've explained everything with enough clarity. If this is not the case, feel free to write me a PM and explain your disagreement.

Have a happy season.

Check the settings on your scheduler within BitComet, if you or someone else has set it to not download during those times it will behave as you state, otherwise you may want to contact your internet provider who may throttle p2p downloading during certain hours. 

BitComet will not stop downloading at certain times unless specifically instructed to do so. 

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 5:00 PM, The UnUsual Suspect said:

Check the settings on your scheduler within BitComet, if you or someone else has set it to not download during those times it will behave as you state, otherwise you may want to contact your internet provider who may throttle p2p downloading during certain hours. 

BitComet will not stop downloading at certain times unless specifically instructed to do so. 

Thank you for your advice. I cannot find this phenomena in any where else. I will try to find the answer. Thanks again.

PS: I basically did dis-able schedule.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:30 PM, cassie said:

pisist62,

Let me inform you about how these forums work:

You ask for help by posting an issue in the proper forum. You wait for someone to try to aid you - this could be someone from the Staff or another member.

Keep in mind that nobody here gets paid - we are all volunteering our own free time to try to help others, so it's pretty rude to "demand" help "quickly" from others who, just like everyone else, have normal lives outside BitComet.

You DO NOT send PMs to Staff members - these forums are for the benefit for ALL users, not just for a selected few, and ALL replies are done via the public forums, NOT privately nor on a one-to-one basis.

You DO NOT report a post (whether someone else's or your own), unless you find the content out of place...that is to say, vulgar, offensive, spam or otherwise undesirable in these forums. Using the Report function in an incorrect fashion can and will get you warnings, and/or ultimately get you banned from the site.

I hope that I've explained everything with enough clarity. If this is not the case, feel free to write me a PM and explain your disagreement.

Have a happy season.

I am sorry for the post. It is my fault. It was my misunderstanding of using this forum. This is my first time to use it.

Regards,

Dear pisist62

I have this problem since long time until now.   I notice that you are using True internet provider same as me (Chatujak area)

The symptom is the same as you mention.  It does not stop at 4 pm but it will be very slow from 4 pm to 6 am.

There is nothing wrong with Bitcomet and I thanks to Bitcomet that the long-term seeding feature does it job very well even

I do not know how it works.

After 4 pm most download I get is LT seed:Bitcomet member.  

This problem had been discussed with True internet provider but nobody give me an answer.

My personnel thinking is that.... there is a bandwidth Load sharing switching between area after 4 pm.

Happy New Year 2017