To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Stopped downloading, suddenly no peers

Hi guys, need a little help.

I am not a computing whiz so am confused as to why this has suddenly happened. I checked the Forums but don't think I found the answer. I am humbly sorry if the answer is there somewhere.

I have been using BitComet for years, have had no issues. I am currently running Version BitComet(64-bit) 1.49 Stable Release

I was downloading some files on Thursday (Australian Time) and as I said have had no issues. The computer did an automatic update, I let it do its thing (Win 7 x 64bit) then my VPN (Private Internet Access) which I have been using for over a year now needed to be re subscribed to which I did for the next 2 years, got the password and all looked ok, but when I restarted Bitcomet everything looked good but it wasn't downloading, I then noticed that in the  - Seeds/Peers [all]  - column there doesn't seem to be any seeds or peers (but on the torrent site where I get the files it shows that there are plenty of both for the files), I have attached a screenshot,     some of the files are TV shows and have never had problems getting them.

5aae07abc1e25_Bitcometerror.jpg.71a1af689116ade35a1f8b39b948ace1.jpg

What am I missing ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by philem (see edit history)

Check the windows firewall as it's possible that has reset itself after the update. Also, check that both 'lights' at the bottom of the bitcomet screen are green and, again, that your port settings and port forwarding are set up on your router

12 hours ago, Rhubarb said:

Check the windows firewall as it's possible that has reset itself after the update. Also, check that both 'lights' at the bottom of the bitcomet screen are green and, again, that your port settings and port forwarding are set up on your router

Hi Rhubarb,

I turned the windows firewall off, still no joy, also there is only one green light on, the Port Detection Failed light is off. 

That sounds like a blocked port. You may need to set the computer to a fixed IP number like 192.168.1.5 or 192.168.0.5 depending on the settings of the router itself - it could be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 (the last number isn't critical, provided it doesn't clash with any other computers or wireless printers, etc). When the computer IP is set, open the router in a browser and set port forwarding to any value over 1000 to the IP address you gave the computer. (with most routers you can set a block of port numbers like 14123 - 145321). Do that for both TCP and UDP

• 1 year later...