To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Installing BitComet on Windows 10

Dano219

I have a Two questions, (1): Is BitComet NO-MORE? ( I created TWO Help & Support Question Posts on this Forum. I received 13 views but, not ONE Reply) Brings me to wonder if anyone is using BitComet anymore or Lack of Forum members offering help & advice. Not a single reply received in 48 hours is not  a good sign. Is there anyone out there that can reply with help & support? If so? Here's my questions and issues I'm having,,,,,, (2): I can't seem to install BitComet Client on my PC. I'm using Windows 10. Norton 360 Anti-virus and Windows defender is preventing me from Installing BitComet. I disabled Norton and disabled Windows Defender. I installed BitComet. When I Enable Norton Anti-Virus. Norton automatically, states BitComet is a Virus and is removed. Both Norton & Windows Defender claims BitComet is a Virus and removes BitComet. I also, receive warning messages on my PC stating something about Acthata Google detected warnings of Strange activities has been detected on my ISP/PC. I have a VPN installed on my PC. Is there another Torrent Client other then BitComet I can install?

You are getting 'false positives' - the recommendation for installing ANY new app is to stop ALL running programs. Despite what some people thimk, this INCLUDES turning off the A/V dusing an instal (it will have been checked during the download).

It's possible that the bundled app (it changes from version to version) is what triggers the A/V. I can assure you that there is no virus or trojan in BC - The 'warnings' are another matter entirely. It's possible that you have something on your computer that is causing that, but without the actual details (or seeing it myself) I can't help there. All ( can say is that it doesn't occur with Adaware A/v, nor with Defender on my computer)

• Thanks 1

Thank you 'Rhubarb' for replying to my post. My PC operation system is Windows 10. I have Norton 360 up to-date and installed. You mentioned to close all running programs? I had no programs running when I tried to install BitComet. In fact, I disabled Norton Anti-virus and Firewall before attempting to install. I also, have a VPN installed.....Step by step what I did, First, I disabled Norton Anti-virus and Firewall. Then I attempted to install BitComet Client. With Norton Disabled, Windows Defender popped up refusing to run BitComet.exe. Windows Defender stated BitComet.exe was a Virus refused to install. So, I went into the system and disabled Windows Defender. I then opened Google Chrome/ BitComet/Download website. Once I typed in Google Search bar, BitComent. Google warning pops-up telling me Strange activity has been detected with some type of error message Atchea warning. I never had this much trouble trying to install BitComet. I'm a Major Level score of 15,600, 3 stars and 3 Moons. I've been using BitComet since 1998. These issues hasn't started until I started using Windows 10....End result....Yes, I installed BitComet. As soon as I enabled Norton. Norton automatically considered BitComet not trusted, claimed it is a Virus and completely removed BitComet. I have "qBittorrent Client" installed with no issues. Norton claims qBittorrent is OK. But , not BitComet. I think Norton added BitComet to it's Block list.

You could try setting an 'exclusion' on the bitcomet foldder in C:\Program Files and see if that helps. As for Defender, that doesn't happen with me (but I run the 'fast ring' beta versions of W 10).

It may or may not be relevant, but I've come across other apps with failure that were installed on a 'hacked' version of W 10 (the KMS file is the culprit)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 7:07 PM, Dano219 said:

I have a Two questions, (1): Is BitComet NO-MORE? ( I created TWO Help & Support Question Posts on this Forum. I received 13 views but, not ONE Reply) Brings me to wonder if anyone is using BitComet anymore or Lack of Forum members offering help & advice. Not a single reply received in 48 hours is not  a good sign. Is there anyone out there that can reply with help & support?

Wow!

You say in your first post (in another section) that you've been using BitComet since 1998, but it's initial release was in 2003.

You've only just registered in the forums and have already made THREE (not two) posts in the first 24 hours. Then you proclaim your indignation at not being replied to in the first 48 hours? A bit haughty, don't you think?

Being such a long-time user, of course, you must know well enough that everyone from the Developers to the Staff in all of the Forums (English-speaking and non-English-speaking) are ALL  volunteers (read as not paid) who altruistically donate their spare time to read through each and every post made and offer aid (time permitting, of course, as most everyone has regular day jobs, families and personal responsibilities  to tend to)  to those seeking it.

Of course, you must also be aware that not everyone who reads and/or views a post is able to reply, in order to please the original poster... specially after perceiving such a "you-owe-it-to me"  attitude.

Bear in mind that one catches many more flies with honey than with vinegar, the next time you "ask"  for free support for a program that is also free.

Regards.