To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

uninstalling bitcomet on mac os

mac os guy

i need to uninstall this app and i cant find a way ... you people should be clear about these things ,,, why should i need to go through all these forms,,  and ask questions begging you guys to remove your software off my pc .... i cant find an uninstall on the top dock where it should be .. cant find it in the app file .. i ran the installer again hoping an uninstall button would apear like any other app . but noo .. you guys want this stuck on my pc for life right !?,.

please help me fix this guys . i run mac os mojave . when i downloaded this it didnt work . something about ports and firewalls and such . so i switched to bittorent web and it works fine ... just so you guys know why im deleting it in the first place .

Unfortunately there are very few Mac people here.

All I can say is that in Windows, it's very easy to remove (either by the windows default settings or by using Revo uninstaller). I have heard that there is an app similar to Revo for the Mac  (Macbooster) but I can't verify that myself

the publisher must have offer a lagit way to remove their aplication off the system , this is a mac version in the end . all publishers usually have a detailed step by step procedure which if done correctly removes all the data installed on the hard drive. 

ok i get that you want to help , but you didnt help me yo .. and its like the simplest question ever ,, 

" how is bitcomet uninstalled on mac os ? " 

if u guys dont have the answer,  then thats an even bigger problem . installing another app to uninstall another app just dont make sense , we dont need a third party app to do these things the developer has us covered ... so , help ?

I've never in all my years using computers (going way back to 20 MB hard drives and 5 1/4" floppies) ever seen a 'detailed step by step procedure' for uninstalling (and I have used Macs but that was a lot of years back and was before they switched to Intel CPUs and hacked Free BSD as the OS).

We're volunteers here - we'4re not devs, nor are we paid - all we can do is offer advice, which you can take or leave, the choice is yours, but, for what it's worth, most 'uninstall' procedures are never 100% efficient and do leave traces behind - hence the third party apps, but, as I said, it's your choice whether or not to use that.

yes they do give you a detailed step by step to remove their app off your mac ,but you wouldn't know that cuz ur too busy being like "ooh look at me pc wonder boy ".and dismiss other peoples claims .. I would send you screen shots because i used them before . but ill send you this link of a guy explaining it , so you can get off your high chair and start helping people .

so is there anyone who actually knows what they talking about and actually willing to help ? i know i sound annoying .. so this is the last time i'm posting here ,, either i get real help , or screw this i'm out ... 

6 hours ago, mac os guy said:

yes they do give you a detailed step by step to remove their app off your mac ,but you wouldn't know that cuz ur too busy being like "ooh look at me pc wonder boy ".and dismiss other peoples claims .. I would send you screen shots because i used them before . but ill send you this link of a guy explaining it , so you can get off your high chair and start helping people .

I, too, have used MacIntosh in the past (even the extremely old Mac Classic) and have never seen "step-by-step" procedures for uninstalling a program from the computer. I'm glad to see that you've seen them, so as not to get confused doing something that

its like the simplest question ever

In all of the years that Macs have been around (and even, as demonstrated in the video that you so kindly provided everyone with), they have been known to be able to simply grab the application in question and drop it into the waste bin, in order to uninstall practically anything.That has always been Apple's GUI Golden Rule... 'keep all the technical stuff out of view, in order to make the computer as visually user-friendly as possible'.

And, as mentioned to you before, Mac users are the rare minority, whilst the Windows users make up more than 99%, so it stands to reason that the majority of help will be offered with those machines in mind. So your quest was definitely not dimissed and an altruistic response was given.

Did you expect everyone here to know all of the intricate details of all of the Operating Systems that exist? Do you, as a "mac os guy", know everything about them yourself?

Now, who's sitting high and mighty on their high horse?

You seem to have a problem understanding what was said. What I did say was, that in all the years I've worked with computers that I never saw an " all publishers usually have a detailed step by step procedure  " which you claimed - and as 'support' for that you posted a link to a website? That's hardly publishers' step by step instructions - it's more that 'third party' approach you derided.

As I said - all we can do here is offer advice which you can accept or reject - the choice is yours. Just don't go round claiming that you have seen things which no-one else has.

8 hours ago, cassie said:

I, too, have used MacIntosh in the past (even the extremely old Mac Classic) and have never seen "step-by-step" procedures for uninstalling a program from the computer. I'm glad to see that you've seen them, so as not to get confused doing something that

In all of the years that Macs have been around (and even, as demonstrated in the video that you so kindly provided everyone with), they have been known to be able to simply grab the application in question and drop it into the waste bin, in order to uninstall practically anything.That has always been Apple's GUI Golden Rule... 'keep all the technical stuff out of view, in order to make the computer as visually user-friendly as possible'.

And, as mentioned to you before, Mac users are the rare minority, whilst the Windows users make up more than 99%, so it stands to reason that the majority of help will be offered with those machines in mind. So your quest was definitely not dimissed and an altruistic response was given.

Did you expect everyone here to know all of the intricate details of all of the Operating Systems that exist? Do you, as a "mac os guy", know everything about them yourself?

Now, who's sitting high and mighty on their high horse?

lol , i was so sure i would wake up the next day and see a mac tech support guy and he be like .. " dude i know u got this mac like a week ago. u obviusly dont know what ur doing and need the tips ,, so if id want to uninstall it, id do:

1 ....

and hey sorrry but we dont get much mac guys here .. and sorry the app didnt apeal to you .

instead u gang up on me trying to pick a fight cuz i kinda scrached ur ego XD . u guys suck ,,,, god bless youtube !

First of all, you asked for advice in helping to uninstall the app. You were given advice which  you chose to ignore.

You complained about a non-existent 'styep by step uninstall manual' bundled with the app and started complaining when it was pointed ot that none existed anywhere in the known universe

You moaned about being advised on using thired party apps to uninstall - then posted a link to a third party uninsttall procedure

Obviously you are only here to complain and want a refund and there is no point in providing you with a platform to vent your dislike of a free app.