To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet makes my internet packet loss

nam2lenh

Hi every body, i m facing a serious situation about 1 month ago

When i open bitcomet , download or do nothing , my internet has packet loss every 30 minutes , 5 minutes each time

Does every body face the problem like me, i just discovered the root cause by bitcomet yesterday, turn it off then every thing is OK

I have a cable connect to my modem 192.168.1.1 and of couse 8.8.8.8 , and i don t know why it happen , i never see ping from PC to modem have packet loss

Here is my ping monitor from my PC to 192.168.1.1, my bitcomet version is 1.74

Please help me to solve this problem ! 

PS : i just found when i use a VPN connection , the packet loss to 8.8.8.8 is disappear 

image.thumb.png.30efcaa83a32711216d8089de06c7f83.png

Try setting your computer IP to a fixed value (not auto) such as 192.168.1.12 and make sure that BC has a fixed port value corresponding to one set on the router for that poarticular intranet IP.

Don't use just one DNS - use both 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Sometimes you may need to use 192.168.1 as primary DNS with 8.8.8.8 as secondary, but 8.8.4.4 is also needed. Try it both ways

That set of red lines tells me absolutely nothing. If you want a ping value, open a command prompt and type 'ping 192.168.1.1' (without quotes) and also try a ping to your isp (do NOT post that IP here or anywhere else)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rhubarb said:

Try setting your computer IP to a fixed value (not auto) such as 192.168.1.12 and make sure that BC has a fixed port value corresponding to one set on the router for that poarticular intranet IP.

Don't use just one DNS - use both 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Sometimes you may need to use 192.168.1 as primary DNS with 8.8.8.8 as secondary, but 8.8.4.4 is also needed. Try it both ways

That set of red lines tells me absolutely nothing. If you want a ping value, open a command prompt and type 'ping 192.168.1.1' (without quotes) and also try a ping to your isp (do NOT post that IP here or anywhere else)

hi , red lines is time when packet loss happen, it happen every 30 mins,  i can not give you a ping result, i capture it with pingplotter ( ping monitor program ) 

Just set IP to fixd value but it still have packet loss , when i turn off BC, packet loss is disappear after some minutes  , i thing BC trigger something

Here is my video for easily imagine 😄 

Edited by nam2lenh (see edit history)

Open a command prompt

Type 'ping 192.168.1.1' and just note the response (it will run four times)

Do the same for 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Packet loss is when you receive corrupt data - it's nothing to do with bitcomet but more to a defective packet (data corrupted or paclen was incorrect)

It should be obvious really that you will only have packet loss when you receive packets - if you aren't sending or receiving packets then you simply won't have any packets to lose

27 minutes ago, Rhubarb said:

Open a command prompt

Type 'ping 192.168.1.1' and just note the response (it will run four times)

Do the same for 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Packet loss is when you receive corrupt data - it's nothing to do with bitcomet but more to a defective packet (data corrupted or paclen was incorrect)

It should be obvious really that you will only have packet loss when you receive packets - if you aren't sending or receiving packets then you simply won't have any packets to lose

i use ping every time I use my PC , so packet is send & receive  frequently , but can you suggest me to check something with BC because every time I open BC, packet loss happen immediately    

pls see my video 

12 hours ago, Rhubarb said:

If you are unwilling to tell me the results of a ping in COMMAND PROMPT, there's nothing further I can do

ping.jpg

sorry youtube delete my video , here is every i capture on my screen , include ping result ,pls take a look at this

Your computer is only connecting intermittently to the router.

It's possible that you are not setting the gateway correctly

Try this in network settings

IP address 192.168.1.21

Netmask 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway 192.168.1.1

Use the following DNS server addresses

in advanced add 8.8.4.4

Open your router settimgs in a browser (http://192.168.1.1) and set it for post number (any five figure number you like) and assign that to 192.168.1.21 for both TCP and UDP

In bitcomet set your port number to match the one in the router

18 minutes ago, Rhubarb said:

Your computer is only connecting intermittently to the router.

It's possible that you are not setting the gateway correctly

Try this in network settings

IP address 192.168.1.21

Netmask 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway 192.168.1.1

Use the following DNS server addresses

in advanced add 8.8.4.4

Open your router settimgs in a browser (http://192.168.1.1) and set it for post number (any five figure number you like) and assign that to 192.168.1.21 for both TCP and UDP

In bitcomet set your port number to match the one in the router

ok thanks, i ll give i a try

I have had the same problem for some time, but not always. It seemed fixed with version 1.74, but after a while it reappeared.
The files in up / download are fine and generally restart spontaneously at the end of the download, but after about 30 min they reset and restart (almost always) only after manual update of the tracker.
The same problem does not occur with other clients such as Utorrent, Deluge or eMule.
I have checked and as far as possible ruled out the presence of malware.
I also did the tests on the router IP, in line with your advice, but without success.
It just seems to me that BitComet has a lost connection with the router, but that doesn't happen with other programs.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Amarsi - that sounds as if you are losing the connection to the trackers. It's obviously not a common issue (or this thread would be full of 'me too' posts).

Now, whether the problem is between the computer and router or the router and the trackers, I honestly can't say. It could be anything, including out of date network drivers, router firmware or even your ISP interfering (mine used to do that at one time and slowed down any transfers if they felt I was using too much bandwidth). It could even be a windows issue.

As I said, it's unlikely to be BC itself or we would have a huge number of posts on the subject - so far it's only two.

Thanks for your answer.
If I manually update the tracker, the peers are updated, but the connection does not always restart, so I have to close Bitcomet and relaunch it and then the files resume uploading at full bandwidth.
The phenomenon is more marked in http and DHT connections, rare in udp ones.

It's definitely problem with DHT, since i updated from 1.64 to 1.74. ( Never had this problem before, on the older version )

Whenever u start up bitcomet it get's bombarded with thousands of connections and this gets fixed once u disable DHT in options. 

Hope you can fix this issue in 1.75

The default value for DHT is, if I recall, 1,000 magnet files. If you're downloading more than that, there's something wrong with your setup. Try deleting all the entries in Torrent Exchange and see if that improves things

This is with DHT enabled.

BitComet_2021-02-26_02-10-50.thumb.png.b5c3c79f0a16bcd0f11596c435015405.png

I have to wait around 5 minutes until all sessions are gone, have no idea what is causing it.BitComet_2021-02-26_02-15-27.thumb.png.8497887c82c901ffd1eba0808fc8b39b.png This

Everytime i start bitcomet with DHT enabled, it has lot of sessions. 

And yes, I removed all entries in torrent exchange and also history. That didn't fix it. ( The only thing that fixes it is to disable DHT and when U launch bitcomet it has 0 sessions )

BitComet_2021-02-26_02-25-02.png.c945e2553a089bf78149a83ec1c617b3.png

Edited by trihard7 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Rhubarb said:

The default value for DHT is, if I recall, 1,000 magnet files. If you're downloading more than that, there's something wrong with your setup. Try deleting all the entries in Torrent Exchange and see if that improves things

Default settings is set to 1000 magnet files, idk what really is causing this.

When i launch bitcomet it takes like 3-5 seconds to boot up, it was never like that on the older version.

BitComet_2021-02-26_02-39-00.png.99af7144d8589f69e709f25a5dfeb0d0.pngexplorer_2021-02-26_02-39-44.png.3c18e0d7d59b344e248d015d42449f42.png

Using this version, i updated it directly from the client.