To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

"DHT not connected"?

My BitComet program says "DHT not connected" down the bottom next to what used to be a green circle dot. I have checked Preferences and i definatly have 'enable DHT network' ticked.

Does anyone know why Bitcomet would say "DHT not connected" down the bottom of the window?

Does dht read not connected on all of your torrents?

dht (distributed hash table) is a secondary means of tracking the torrent.

It can bypass the tracker by allowing each peer to perform its function.

In order for dht to be connected, the tracker has to allow dht, and you have to be connected to peers that have enabled dht.

If at least some of your torrents show dht connected then it is working properly.

Suspect

Does dht read not connected on all of your torrents?

dht (distributed hash table) is a secondary means of tracking the torrent.

I can bypass the tracker by allowing each peer to perform its function.

In order for dht to be connected, the tracker has to allow dht, and you have to be connected to peers that have enabled dht.

If at least some of your torrents show dht connected then it is working properly.

Suspect

I've tried other torrents and they all say "DHT Not connected" and the light next to it is still grey. I have checked Windows XP firewall settings and its setup to exclude my Bitcomet listen port for both TCP and UDP.

I don't see why DHT is not connecting. It works in Utorrent.

Go through out settings guide to double check your settings and understand others. Are you using anything other than windows firewall?

same problem. green light at the bottom of bitcomet is off. "DHT not connected".

DHT works with uTorrent so it cannot be my firewall settings.

please help? this never occurred in previous versions of BC.

Does anyone know why Bitcomet would say "DHT not connected" down the bottom of the window?

You have a firewall blocking Bitcomets UDP connections

It could be a software firewall(ZoneAlarm,Norton,etc) or your routers firewall(Dlink,Linksys,etc) or your ISPs firewall

You have a firewall blocking Bitcomets UDP connections

It could be a software firewall(ZoneAlarm,Norton,etc) or your routers firewall(Dlink,Linksys,etc) or your ISPs firewall

Any way to fix this if thats the case? Because I think mine is Linksys!!?? Helppp, please