To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Download Bit Comet .70 Here

Since we have had several reports that the bitcomet.com site is having tech problems, I have posted this alternate source to download Bit Comet .70

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NE6P0ZPF

Download and extract with WinRar (or any "zip" program) and install.

Suspect

Since we have had several reports that the bitcomet.com site is having tech problems, I have posted this alternate source to download Bit Comet .70

Download and extract with WinRar (or any "zip" program) and install.

Suspect

Para todos los hispanoparlantes:

Ya que varias personas han informado que la página bitcomet.com está experimentando dificultades técnicas, he agregado la siguiente como alternativa, para poder descargar Bit Comet 0.70:

Descargar y extraer con WinRar (or cualquier programa "zip") e instalar.

Suspect.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I just started using BitComet and I downloaded a file, and then when it got done I select to delete it from BitComet and now some, but not all, of the files I downloaded are gone from my computer

Any help would be greatly apprecicated

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just started using BitComet and I downloaded a file, and then when it got done I select to delete it from BitComet and now some, but not all, of the files I downloaded are gone from my computer

Any help would be greatly apprecicated

Bitcomet has 2 methods to delete a torrent:

1.Remove task only

This will delete the copy of the torrent file and the companioning xml file from the torrent folder in bitcomet install directory.

2.Remove task and all files

This will delete the copy of the torrent file and the acompaning xml file from the torrent folder in bitcomet install directory AND the downloaded files.

To recover at least some of the downloaded files try http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html

then re download the torrent file and manually check the hash of the files.

• 1 month later...

Hi ya peeps!! I'm useing version 0.76 at the minute which by all accounts seems to be the most unstable so i'm gonna take everyones advice and install 0.70 but my question is will i loose the downloads that i have downloading at the minute in 0.76 when i install 0.70? Cheers.

No, you can continue the downloads in any version.

to be safe, I would move your downloads to a different folder until your new installation is complete.

When you restart the torrents, just make sure your partial files are in the correct download folder. If it doesn't see them there, then stop the torrent, "right click" and select "manual rehash". and it will work.

Regarding unstable versions, it was version .71 that was the problem. The many versions since were updates to improve that version. The newer versions have many users who report it as being quite stable, but in our forum, we are being conservative, and recommending "old faithful".

suspect

I see! I experienced a single problem upon upgrading to 0.80 from 0.57 or sth..

For 2 of the torrents I transferred, it would say (torrent exists) when it clearly doesn't exist in the tasks, and thus preventing me to continue the download.

I downloaded 0.70 here, and fixed the problem..however 0.70 was very slow for me (and false claims of downloading over 50kb/s when actually all the tasks were connecting/no seed and peers..) and I switched back to 0.80 which is the fastest for me :)

By the way, I was wondering if bitcomet originated from China? as the www.bitcomet.com is in simplified chinese.

Thanks !!!! :)

• 4 months later...

i have downgrade to 0.70 and i notice that the download rate was horrible low(all task less than 1kb/s) with active seed/peer & 2xxx health, so i upgrade back to 0.87 to face ver0.87 problem again, the download rate up to 20kb/s but only able to download 1 single task. i try download few task in 1 time, it only download 1 task ,the rest i cant find any seed/peer.... :(

i am using window xp1

about my DSL router i have already read through the info and i configure long time ago,since i start bitcomet version 0.50 till now...

how can i sort the problem ?

regards,

• 3 weeks later...