To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

When do we see proxy support in new Bitcomet

HI ,

i m old admirer of Bitcomet and still waiting the proxy support to be enabled in the new versions.

when do we can have proxy support , because there are so many users out there are behind some proxy so this is a necessary feature.

Please implement it in new version.

thanks in advance.

Eurekaguy4u.

• 3 weeks later...

It has been very long, versions of Bitcomet upgraded from .70 to .75, but yet we are not seeing the proxy feature in it.

i can understand about the bugs , as a programmer myself, but i think it is taking a looong time to sort out this very important issue, as a large user base is behind some kind of proxy or using them. So i think it will be good if developer treat this thing as urgent /important .

Users Please add reply to this so that the importance of this issue will be shown to the g8t developers of bitcomet.

Happy programming to do this. ..... ,

again thanks for making this useful software.

hi ,

a new version of BitComet :D , good keep the work.

Bt :unsure: no Proxy support in this also.

Eurekaguy4u. :(

The reliase date of bitcomet stable fersion is still to be decided. But it's not too far into the future.

• 2 weeks later...

0.77 does not have proxy support because it is not a stable release. It's that simple. BitComet is undergoing a major overhaul and some of the lesser features were disabled while the new stuff is being added and fine tuned.

The next stable release should have these features re-added.

I did want to make sure that one point is very clear: nobody is paying the developers of BitComet. They don't charge for the program, and they don't ask for donations. This is an entirely unpaid labor on their part.

This is not to say that they don't take requests and suggestions seriously, but their time, like everyone else's, is limited and only a small amount of it can go into something that provides no remuneration.

I did want to make sure that one point is very clear: nobody is paying the developers of BitComet. They don't charge for the program, and they don't ask for donations. This is an entirely unpaid labor on their part.

This is not to say that they don't take requests and suggestions seriously, but their time, like everyone else's, is limited and only a small amount of it can go into something that provides no remuneration.

hi kluelos,

here nobody is offending the developers of bitcomet, they have done g8t work , i m using this sw since the starting of proxy support bcoz, like me there are so many users which are behind corporate proxy or university proxy , so due to this we are unable to taste the advantages of new releases of bitcomet , and i hope the developers of bitcomet also understand this. Cause i m myself a programmer , so i can understand your prob, that is the reason i m still stick to bitcomet .70 (bcoz no later version has proxy support). As for others please keep the link of bitcomet .70 in the home page , so that users who want proxy support in the bitcomet can use that for the time.

Hope you understand this problem.

CHEERS to all bitcomet developers for doing good work.

Eurekaguy4u

What about the people who click the PayPal button in BitComet and donate? Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with it, I'm just pointing it out.

What about the people who click the PayPal button in BitComet and donate? Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with it, I'm just pointing it out.

Proxy setting is out for version 0.78

but there is no option enable use it only for tracker connection

something like you have on 0.70

post-18584-1164864578.jpg

Notice that it does not ask for donations. If the icon wasn't there, people would be asking how to donate here in these forums. You can use the icon to donate if you wish, but it does not even ask you to.