To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Max simultaneous tasks ?

Jago

Because my connection bandwidth is very limited, I must have only 1 torrent activated in the same time. This is what I have configured in BitComet options, but the problem is that when I launch for ex. 2 torrents, the first torrent (tr1) begin the DL/UP and the second torrent (tr2) is waiting (it's normal), but when tr1 reaches 100%, it continues to UP although tr2 already began. :mellow:

My question: It's possible to have only 1 active torrent in the same time ?

Hi,

Jago I have the same 'problem' as you (and I'm using v. .70):

When I choose a torrent from whatever-site, a window appears asking if I want to 'save' or 'run' the torrent.

Since I often can´t remember where I have saved it to (my hard disk is crammed, right now, and my memory is not that great), I susually opt to 'run' but 'start later'. I assume that's what you have done, thus getting the file shown as 'waiting' or 'paused'.

What I usually do with the second torrent, as soon as it appears on my BitComet Screen, is to stop it.

Then, when my first torrent finishes and starts uploading, I leave it running (uploading) until I get a reasonable ratio (usually above 2.0). Once I have attained the ratio, I stop it and start the second torrent (downloading), as normal.

It may take a little while longer than for other users, but since I only have a 1Mbp connection, and I have to cap my upload to 32 (so I can surf), it's the best way I can download/upload and not harm the swarm (I hope).

cassie :)

What I usually do with the second torrent, as soon as it appears on my BitComet Screen, is to stop it.

Then, when my first torrent finishes and starts uploading, I leave it running (uploading) until I get a reasonable ratio (usually above 2.0). Once I have attained the ratio, I stop it and start the second torrent (downloading), as normal.

Hi cassie,

So I have to stay all time near my PC :o :lol: :P

In my case, I prefer to finish the Dl (100%) in the 2 Tasks first, then to begin the Up and honor my ratio in the 2 tasks also. So like that I can obtain my Dl files as soon as possible (Since I have a 128/128 connection only).

But what is strange, it's that BitComet doesn't appear to consider the torrents that UP only as a Task. If it was the case, it should also give the priority to Dl/Up Tasks on Up only Tasks...