To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BT 0.70 Stable?

juniorlau

Hi-

I used to have 0.63, but I have a freezing problem when downloading, so I take Bitdave's advice to uninstall it, use crap cleaner to fix the registry problem, and then download the 0.70 from bitcomet.com, however, even I have successful download it and install 0.70. The same problem happen again, it freeze after a few minutes of download, the new 0.70 have a dl rate must faster (>150KB/s), but it freeze about 5 minutes later. I have Window XP SP2 updated, Window Firewall, Yahoo DSL, D-Link D-M634 wireless router, Spyware Doctor. Please advice how I can fix it. I have the following Screen Shot and hope you can point out if I did anything wrong. Thanks in advice.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9649/screen1wv9.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9320/screen2nj5.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8880/screen3hx6.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4289/screen4ji5.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4051/screen5dk4.jpg

Thanks for the help around here petch01, it's much appreciated

Im gonna have to disagree though on the "maximum upload rate per task"

He should leave it on No Limit

(while setting it at 3 probably will work, it isnt good for the swarm;

and he can get just as good results if his Global Max Upload Rate is correct)

I Agree that you should disable the DHT Network

Also change the "Max simultaneous download tasks" to 2

change the "Max Half-open TCP connections" to 8 like petch01 said

Uncheck use IPfilter, instead use Peerguardian 2 for blocking IPs

Uncheck reporting LAN ip to tracker, unless you're using a proxy

After you change these settings you'll need to restart Bitcomet

After several TB's, I'm still a newbie and probably will always be.

Thanks for

(while setting it at 3 probably will work, it isnt good for the swarm; and he can get just as good results if his Global Max Upload Rate is correct)

I learned again.

Also thanks for your appreciation for my help around. Done with most pleasure.

Petch01

After several TB's, I'm still a newbie and probably will always be.

Thanks for

(while setting it at 3 probably will work, it isnt good for the swarm; and he can get just as good results if his Global Max Upload Rate is correct)

I learned again.

Also thanks for your appreciation for my help around. Done with most pleasure.

Petch01

I reset everything suggested by bitdave except the Peerguardian2, it still freeze after about 30 mins this time, where can I find that Peerguardian2, is it downloadable? Do I need to do some setting to get it work with my BT 0.70? I don't see it anywhere. Please advise. Thanks.

I reset everything suggested by bitdave except the Peerguardian2, it still freeze after about 30 mins this time, where can I find that Peerguardian2, is it downloadable? Do I need to do some setting to get it work with my BT 0.70? I don't see it anywhere. Please advise. Thanks.

Peerguardian can be downloaded here http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/

Install it and run it.

Petch01

During the install of PG2 only use these three lists p2p, ads, & spyware. Don't block Edu ranges and you only need to block Gov depending on your local laws (US, Canada, & Europe generall don't need to) or if you're wearing a tin foil hat. And remember to turn off HTTP block. It's a good tool but it is not for newbies.

And don't use any of the lists from bluetack. Those guys are real jerks and their lists are way over bloated.

Don't block Edu ranges

Hello Dark_Shroud,

I'm really curious why you recommend not to block the Edu ranges.

I always had, perhaps a little hypocrite, the opinion that BitTorrent shouldn't being used at Edu's and because of a possible relation with the Gov.

Really open for new insights.

Petch01

Why do we need to Disable DHT Network?

DHT can be a drain on resources, and its only needed if the tracker isn't online. If you have plenty of bandwidth, then leave it active.

Regarding blocking Edu IP addresses, this will block connections from students connected to school networks. Although it is possible that univercities could provide governments with data related to BT downloads, this info would never be allowed to be used as evidence in any court.

Suspect

DHT can be a drain on resources, and its only needed if the tracker isn't online. If you have plenty of bandwidth, then leave it active.

Regarding blocking Edu IP addresses, this will block connections from students connected to school networks. Although it is possible that univercities could provide governments with data related to BT downloads, this info would never be allowed to be used as evidence in any court.

Suspect

Alright, I install the Peerguardian 2, and did set the setting as what was being suggested, and now the freezing condition is better, it freezed 2 1/2 hr later after starting. But I am suspecting that it would just varied between times, cuz I reboot it this morning and starting downloading again, it freeze right a way, don't know if I hit something I shouldn't. Thanks for any comments or suggestions in advance.!

Alright, I install the Peerguardian 2, and did set the setting as what was being suggested, and now the freezing condition is better, it freezed 2 1/2 hr later after starting. But I am suspecting that it would just varied between times, cuz I reboot it this morning and starting downloading again, it freeze right a way, don't know if I hit something I shouldn't. Thanks for any comments or suggestions in advance.!

Anyone can help? I tried many times again, and it freeze no matter what I am downloading...