To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

HELP BITCOMET MOVIE EXTRACTION HELP PLEASE

fender420

:( ok so i downloadded a movie 100percent but i can only view it on the preview tab of bitcomet i want to know how to play it on divx or wmp the movie i downloaded was an avi file but i cant play it on divx or wmp and i want to burnr it on a dvdr please HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE thank you

Hi,

Here is a link to a very explicit Guide, within our forum (it's in the Guides and How-To's section) that will help you burn it on a DVD:

http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showtopic=1866

As for your player, I too, used to have DivX Player, but often had trouble playing some .avi files.

I ended up uninstalling it and downloading Media Player Classic - it solved all of my viewing problems.

cassie :)

PS - Thanks for heeding my PM :)

You will also likely need to update your codecs...

CCCP (best for playing of files)

http://cccp-project.net/

k lite codecs (best for playing, editing and encoding)

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

if you select the k lite pack, don't just install all the options, or you will surely have problems (default settings work fine for nearly every user)

Since you are new to this, I strongly suggest you get the CCCP.

Although the klite pack is very good, and contains alot of stuff the cccp does not, it is NOT for the novice.

Both packs also contain "media player classic", I suggest you install it.

In the future, if you want to download movies/videos that are ready to burn to disc and play on your DVD player, then you should try KVCD.

Why kvcd???

A commercial dvd is approx 8,000mb in size (far to big to download quickly), and needs to be "shrunk down" to fit a dvdr disc (4.38gb) Still to big to download quickly.

KVCD is encoded to be burnt onto a standard cdr disc, and when played on a dvd player provides almost as good video quality as the orignal dvd, and with an approx size of 800mb.

You might wonder how kvcd can encode a movie at 1/10 the size of a dvd and still look good.

The answer is complex, but suffice it to say that kvcd is set to display direct to your tv screen so no resolution is lost in providing pixals that cannot be displayed. It also uses complex software to create a varible bit rate, this way it improves quality of video for parts of the film that require it, and lowers bit rate for parts that don't.

Creating kvcd is an art, and not all kvcd downloads are equal.

Tus kvcds have become known as the best world wide, and we have a strong following, and all our torrents are well seeded.

Suspect

You will also likely need to update your codecs...

Since you are new to this, I strongly suggest you get the CCCP.

Although the klite pack is very good, and contains alot of stuff the cccp does not, it is NOT for the novice.

Both packs also contain "media player classic", I suggest you install it.

In the future, if you want to download movies/videos that are ready to burn to disc and play on your DVD player, then you should try KVCD.

Suspect

OK THIS ISNT what im asking if you have used bitcomet when the file is done downloading i can only watch it through bitcomet. i cant drag the file outside of the bitcomet program know what i mean??? i can only watch the movie under the preview tab in bitcomet HOW DO I EXTRACT THE MOVIE FROM BITCOMET IF I WANT TO PUT IT IN A DIFFERENT FOLDER for examplei need help

OK.

Let's get the final facts straight:

i downloadded a movie 100percent but i can only view it on the preview tab of bitcomet i want to know how to play it on divx or wmp the movie i downloaded was an avi file but i cant play it on divx or wmp and i want to burnr it on a dvdr

1) BitComet has done its job and you have successfully finished downloading a movie - it's in .avi format.

2) You want to know how to play it on DivX Player or Windows Media Player because you can't view it using these two players.

3) You want to burn it onto a DVD-R.

So far, this is what you initially posted, RIGHT??

OK THIS ISNT what im asking if you have used bitcomet when the file is done downloading i can only watch it through bitcomet. i cant drag the file outside of the bitcomet program know what i mean??? i can only watch the movie under the preview tab in bitcomet HOW DO I EXTRACT THE MOVIE FROM BITCOMET IF I WANT TO PUT IT IN A DIFFERENT FOLDER for example

1) When you have finished downloading your .avi movie, you can only view it by using the 'Preview' tab within BitComet.

2) You don't know how to move the movie that you've downloaded, so that you can view it with another player/so you can burn it onto a DVD/move the actual movie to another folder.

And this, is what you have now posted, RIGHT??

Had you been this EXPLICIT with your initial post, you would have probably gotten a proper response, in the first place.

First, may I remind you that, even now, you still haven't stated WHICH version you're using - so we are, once more, forced to read minds.

Second, I'm sure that everyone in this forum has used BitComet, otherwise they wouldn't be here.

Third, have you checked (as Suspect said) to make sure that you have updated codecs (your DivX Player may NOT have the latest codecs)? Have you tried to play other .avi files using this player? As for WMP, regardless of which version, it is not the best for viewing many types of .avi files (I speak from personal experience).

Fourth, do you know where your Downloads folder is? Have you changed it from the default (C:\Program Files\BitComet\Downloads) setting to somewhere else (this would not even have to be asked, had you provided the version that you're using, in the first place - you see, not all versions have the same default Downloads path)?

With that being said, I suggest that you READ through our very explicit guides carefully and learn about your client as much as possible.

cassie

Very good cassie :)

As she has stated, your movie is in the download folder that you selected when you installed bit comet.

Bit comets job is done, period.

you can move the file to another folder if you like, or keep it right where it is, makes no difference. The point is bit comet put the file where you selected for it do go, your default download folder (unless you selected a different location when you started the torrent).