To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Peculiar error... Tasks appear as if missing

Sharund

I've recently rebooted and the downloads in bitcomet appear as if they are missing in the program window

it was the first reboot after having installed 0.77 (using 0.70 before) and it did run flawlessly for about 2 days before the reboot

now the odd thing is that I don't think the tasks are actually missing

the files are where they are supposed to be the downloads.xml appears correct the torrents and related xml files are where they are supposed to be and not in read only mode and that most interesting thing although there are no tasks listed it is showing both up and download global speeds and says in the left bottom corner that 0 files selected out of 4 (this disappeared though because I tried signin up for this passport thing)

so I am thinking that somehow it is just not showing them although it is seeding and leeching as it should be

and yes the obvious thing it is set to all tasks although it makes no difference trying only seeds or only leech nothing shows up in the task part of the window

I am running a vista installation right now and has been for a week and 0.70 ran without problems and so did the 0.77 until I rebooted yesterday

rebooting again/restarting bitcomet does nothing

(I'm getting so tired of typing this...)

Versions beyond the last stable version are in alpha or beta stage, for testing, and not for the general public. If you install alpha or beta software, expect problems. Most people should stay with the last stable version, which is currently v0.70. It is probably prudent to completely uninstall BitComet, and reinstall v0.70 anew. Do not attempt to upgrade until a later stable version is announced.

(I'm getting so tired of typing this...)

Versions beyond the last stable version are in alpha or beta stage, for testing, and not for the general public. If you install alpha or beta software, expect problems. Most people should stay with the last stable version, which is currently v0.70. It is probably prudent to completely uninstall BitComet, and reinstall v0.70 anew. Do not attempt to upgrade until a later stable version is announced.

Well first of all on the front page there is no mention of 0.77 being beta or anything it merely says latest official release...

beyond that I was not complaining as such merely "reporting" a strange error (I suppose I placed it in the wrong forum) and was curious if anyone else had experienced the same thing

There are still quite a few bugs in vista.

One problem is it seems microsoft (again) feels users don't need to know what files are on there computer, and by default, files in the "program files" directory cannot be viewed, or used.

Regarding our download page...

You are correct that it no longer lists .70 as the latest "Stable" release.

This was changed in the last day or so.

We are only beginning our efforts to support the new client, after its introduction with version .71, which was very unstable. I'm sure if you have been keeping upto date, that our developers have been hard at work,and this shows in the many updates in the last few weeks.

It will still be some time before ALL the bugs are worked out, and the fact that you are using either a Beta O/S (or a "leaked" version) is complicating things further.

So, for the purposes of providing support, we are still recommending users to go back to .70 if they have problems with the new client.

Suspect

ps. Thank you for reporting this issue

yes I know vista probably bugged to h*** and back... never expected it otherwise but since I needed to completly reinstall anyway I figured I'd give the leaked version a go at least until it requires activation

anyway as a quick little update I installed 070 again over the 0.77 (meaning without uninstalling first) and my tasks have returned (including the seed ratio and so forth) so it would seem as I had thought that they were never actually gone merely invisible for some reason

anyway for the tech people, im running windows xp, and when i stopped my torrents they vanished from the menu screen, i tried re downloading the torrents but they said they were allready there, but i couldnt select them to make them start start again, the files were in their folders, nothing was lost, but i couldnt start them again cuz i couldnt select them, anyway just thought the bitcomet tech team might want to know. im going to reinstall back to 0.7, and if 0.77 isnt a stable release, please correct the front page, cuz it dosnt say anything about stable or unstable releases

update: yea installing back to 0.7 did the trick, everything is fixed