To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Why does it download soooooo slow??

taylor

It says it's going to take 29 hours to download a 170MB File. Am very confused.

This comment doesn't belong here. If you want help, then you have given us no information for us to help. Plus, Dark Shroud just listed the minimum amount of info you must post for us to help you, and this is the best you can do???

WE CANNOT READ MINDS

now, go make a new topic ONLY if you are willing to post the correct info.

Suspect

• 2 weeks later...

Bitcomet is downloading really slow.

Router:3Com Officeconnect 3CRWER100-75 wireless

version: BitComet 0.70

Security software: nope :)

I have opened ports in the Windows firewall. I have opened up ports in the router as well. Still its only 30kB/s

Please help me :blink: and notice I actually gave you some details :D

Saknoto, please make a new thread. Are we talking to taylor, 97mde, or you here? That gets extremely confusing very quickly. So rather than jumping into the middle of someone else's question, start one of your own, eh?

Since there is no specific info about anybody's setup I will give a general answer

Go through the settings guide (link in my sig) and make sure you're using Bitcomet v0.70

The keys to fast downloads are:

1. Having an open listening port
  2. Capping your uploads to about 80%
  3. Downloading torrents that have lots of available bandwidth
  4. Using an ISP that doesnt block or throttle BT

Generally, available bandwidth is a function of the seed/leech ratio but there are other factors

Here is a torrent with lots of available bandwidth, try it and if it's fast then the problem is the torrents you're downloading

hi im a bit of noob when it comes down to bit torrents, could some one help me with a answer to my dilema.

im running bitcomet 0.70, have avg antivirus and spydoctor v4, windows xp home and im running through a router but im only downloading up to a max of 18kbs on a good day can any one help me speed things up?????????

would really appreciate any help

thanks

kc20

kc20, please make a new thread. Are we talking to taylor, 97mde, Saknoto or you here? That gets extremely confusing very quickly. So rather than jumping into the middle of someone else's question, start one of your own, eh?

It takes like 3 days to fully download a movie. whats up with that? am i doing something wrong? :unsure:

Yes.....I'm having the same problem!!!

Do you know by now why? I think I'm doing something wrong and don't know how it works.

Janke, , please make a new thread. Are we talking to kc20, taylor, 97mde, Saknoto or you here? That gets extremely confusing very quickly. So rather than jumping into the middle of someone else's question, start one of your own, eh?

Fifth one, not one of whom provided any info at all, so I'm locking this thread.