To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

manhunt make a new folder?

biggbaa

i've just got some advice from someone on a forum about manhunt, i have error 1311 now and someone said that all i gotta do is make a new folder, and put the contents of manhunt in the new folder then install manhunt, does this sound right? :blink: please someone give their opinion

well i got it from btjunkie Manhunt.rar [1619MB] it was saved on localdisk c .....as cd 1 cd 2 cd 3 ............................cd 1 has the installsheild in it i hit install ....and almost half way through the install , it gives me that error message saying ...error 1311 manhunt cab.1 verify that it exists and retry....but i aleady. unzipped everything and the cab is right there .........now i have heard of people saying that try to find the msi. file and uncheck the os thing?. i have no idea what or where this is......so is that enough info? can you help me? please

You didn't really provide enough information, but it sort of sounds as though it's expecting the various CD's to be mounted as virtual images, or burned to CD and swapped out as requested.

That's just a guess, but without much more information it's all we can do.

Exactly what did you download? When you unzipped it, what did you get? Disk images? Full disk directories? What does the .nfo file say to do? Did you try that? Since you're installing software, you need to be in an administrator account. Are you?

i didn't have to burn the images to 3 disk, it was all ready to go, i have access to all of the folders....their are just 3 folders cd1 cd2 and cd3, now cd1 has the install in it, along with someother little files in it, cd2 has some files in it cd3 has the game.exe. and the crack .............and the instructions on how to install it are in russian i think , and what is this administrator account?

Oy.

The adminstrator account is the one that is permitted to make major changes to your computer, while other users are more or less restricted in doing that. This is deliberate, to prevent casual users from doing things that can really screw up the system. That normally includes stuff like installing new software.

Even if you are the only one who uses the computer, you will need to have administrator privileges to do certain things. At this point I'm going to punt you to a Windows technical book. You need to learn more about your operating system and how to use it.

Since you have the raw disk contents (as if you'd copied them to your hard disk in separate folders), you will probably need to burn their contents to disks as is -- burn the folder contents as data.

The installer was expecting three separate CD's, and doesn't know how to handle having this in directories on the hard disk. You'll need to give it what it was expecting in order to get it to work. I'd suggest though, that you download a different torrent with instructions you understand.

before i downloaded this torrent that i am having trouble with , i downloaded a manhunt torrent that required me to burn the images to 3 cd's and i did , i had the same exact problem with it, i have done this plenty of times with other games and i have never encountered this problem before.

Most other games and software haven't, to this point, used the Windows Installer service. This one does. What I suspect someone was suggesting is that you make a new folder, call it anything you want, then copy the contents of all three individual folders into the new one. Their contents, not the folders themselves. Then try running install again. This should, maybe, bypass some of the permission problems you're seeing.