To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

getting fake speeds and remaining time

ami289

it happend to me since is witched from 0.7 to 0.77 and to 0.79.........when i'm looking at the users i'm downloading from i see for example two users which i download 1 kb/s from each one of them....but in the total download speed of the torrent it ustable and giving me like 10-20 times more faster then i'm really downloading.....also the 'time left' counter is unstable and giving fake information......anyone else getting this problems???..........in my opinion 0.63 and 0.7 were the best versions....didn't had any problems with those two......although i didn't used the 0.7 long time......

Especially since a LOT of that communication is not downloading, but negotiation: "here's what I've got, here's what I need, got anything to trade?" You can pretty much assume that any downloading or uploading at 1 KB/s or less is actually this negotiation rather than transfers.

<Precise calculation of bandwidth is an unnecessary waste of resources>

Ok, so how do you can explain that Azureus consumes less than 50 MB of memory while possesses all possible and imaginable precisions, not only in calculations (progression bars, graphs...) ?

I've noticed this issue too, and since I'm new to these forums, I accidentally posted about it in the Suggestions subforum.

The weird calculation tends to happen when the bitrate of one or more peers you're downloading from is lower than 1 KB, and shown as bytes. I presume that the bytes-rate is mistaken for a kilobytes-rates by bitcomet.

Ok, so how do you can explain that Azureus consumes less than 50 MB of memory while possesses all possible and imaginable precisions, not only in calculations (progression bars, graphs...) ?

What's the point of making precise estimations?

<Precise calculation of bandwidth is an unnecessary waste of resources>

Azureus often used much more then 100mb of ram on all of my systems.

Even with the many memory reducing mods, azureus still uses far more memory then Bit Comet. In fact, if it wasn't for the memory use, I would still be using Azureus.

Suspect