To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Download speeds.... feels like im on dialup

I haven't made any changes to my origional settings. I get about 1-4KB/s and thats it. I know its not the torrent becaus I found pleny with alot of sources or seeders and it still sucks. Im hooked up with a linksys router and I have comcast. I was reading some things about that port forwarding or whatever but I dont understand. If anyone could help me with some basic setup and anything else I would need to get going that would be great. :D

I haven't made any changes to my origional settings. I get about 1-4KB/s and thats it. I know its not the torrent becaus I found pleny with alot of sources or seeders and it still sucks. Im hooked up with a linksys router and I have comcast. I was reading some things about that port forwarding or whatever but I dont understand. If anyone could help me with some basic setup and anything else I would need to get going that would be great. :D

Bah Same here, its driving me nuts!!!

well it might be because you keep your original settings, or because its going through a firewall or your router. What you need to do for your router go to www.whatsmyip.net and take ur ip from there copy and paste it to the address bar, then press enter. go to applications and gaming and put your listen port from options in ur bitcomet there. make sure the number on the right side of the applications and gamings screen is the number for you computer u can find it by going to start, then run, then type in cmd, when the box pops up type ipconfig and then press enter. the very last 3 numbers in the ip address is what you need to put in the box on ther right. make sure that you have the box checked, then press save settings near the bottem. If you dont have a static ip yet you should set that up but im not going to explain how to do that. for your firewall i dont really know, unless you have zone alarms pro firewall

Ok, unfortunately Port-Forwarding is related to alot of things, especially if you're using a router. But...for now, we'll avoid that issue. Try downloading this torrent:

http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/

And check the speeds you get. If it's still slow, it is more than likely that you may not have added BitComet to your Firewall exception list.

I have a 512 connection i followed your link and was downloading at 51 to 52 kb/s but when i'm downloading elsewhere i'm lucky to get 4 to 5 kb/s and also i'm downloading a file which is 350 meg in size i have already reached that but it's only at 60%.

Hi chris, please check out this forum guide:

http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showtopic=533

It may or may not assist your issue, but if you're receiving top speeds with that legal torrent download, it may just be incorrect settings with your router and/or BitComet client. But the main thing is that, torrents which are not seeded well, will in turn receive lower than usual download speeds.

I too use a 512 connection, and because of its low upload capacity, this is also what limits your download capacity.

Well after 6 months (sorry speak spanish) i found the perfect settings for bitcomet (i do with Bitcomet 0.62), because before i put this settings, my internet not work and de Download Speed average was 12 Kbs. Well

I have a connection 512Kbps (64KB download/? upload), and a router Linksys Befsr41. I Put in windows and static IP, and go to router setup and put port fordwaring to the port of Bitcomet, and my static new IP. Then, go to Conection and change download speed to Unlimited and in upload speed put %50 of your capacity of upload. I use port 12492. In Advanced try to put some trackers of "respaldo. In Advanced/Conection enabled DHT network, and in my case (i use win 2000) deactivate Firewall ICS/ICF, mapping uPnP, and eliminate port configuration in firewall. NOW Come the better part..."ranuras" avaliable max for upload:25,

half time conections TCP max: 85.

And thats all my download speed now is 55Kbs and Upload 6 Kbs "average". I have DSL connection, with the router all with these correct settings and it was INCREDIBLE!.

PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH DOWNLOAD SPEED, TRY THIS CINFIGURATION AND PLEASE, TELLME LATER...

fROM Argentina... ArielE

Hi people I am relatively new here.

Ok I am wondering if some one could help me out I now this problem has been addressed in certain respects but I would like some more in depth help. I am downloading a 7GB file. Currently the speed is at around 19k/b, that’s going to take another 80hours to download. I am wondering if there is anyway to speed it up I have loads of seeds etc but still slow. My internet speed is about 2mb it’s really ridiculous.

Some urgent help needed!!!!!!

Hi, there are many factors related to the speed of torrents.

First, if you are using a router, do you have the port your client uses forwarded in your router?

What speed does your isp provide? both upload and download

what upload and download speeds is the torrent running at now?

Suspect

Hi, there are many factors related to the speed of torrents.

First, if you are using a router, do you have the port your client uses forwarded in your router?

What speed does your isp provide? both upload and download

what upload and download speeds is the torrent running at now?

Suspect

helo everyone.. act, i got the same prob too..( act, didn't really realize about my slow d/loading speed-12 to 13kbps untill i read this topic). FYI, i use broadband connection 100mbps(fr one of malaysia's ISP).. and D-link router.. can u help me how to configure to the best configuration i could have? with no killing my surfing speed??? any solution@idea, please reply.. tq

helo everyone.. act, i got the same prob too..( act, didn't really realize about my slow d/loading speed-12 to 13kbps untill i read this topic). FYI, i use broadband connection 100mbps(fr one of malaysia's ISP).. and D-link router.. can u help me how to configure to the best configuration i could have? with no killing my surfing speed??? any solution@idea, please reply.. tq

Hi,

do you really have a 100mb/s isp? or are you quoting your lan speed?

Most local area networks run on 100mb/s, but most broadband, even ones that are considered fast are 5-8 mb/s

The fastest connection availble here in the usa is 25mb/s unless its commercial use.

anyway, to configure your dlink router, I suggest you visit portforward.com, as they have a step by step guide for your dlink router, and it will walk you through the whole process, and even has screenshots, so you can't go wrong.

Once you have selected a static IP address, forwarded your bit comets port in the router, then knowing the actual speed of your internet connect will be needed to find the setting that work best for you.

They even have links to speed tests, if your not sure what speeds you have.

Suspect