To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

How do I determine my settings to achieve ~ 100 kBps?

Well, I was using utorrent earlier, and since i've switched to bitcomet, my speed has increased a little bit. When I was with utorrent, I couldn't get above like 5 kBps. Now that i'm with bitcomet, I can get up to around 25 kBps, but I know thats rediculously slow for broadband DSL. What should I check and adjust to optimize my download/ upload Speed? What should my ratios look like and whatnot? As far as the fine tuning is concerned, i'm somewhat of a beginner.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Well, I was using utorrent earlier, and since i've switched to bitcomet, my speed has increased a little bit. When I was with utorrent, I couldn't get above like 5 kBps. Now that i'm with bitcomet, I can get up to around 25 kBps, but I know thats rediculously slow for broadband DSL. What should I check and adjust to optimize my download/ upload Speed? What should my ratios look like and whatnot? As far as the fine tuning is concerned, i'm somewhat of a beginner.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

First, Rasta, check right here... that should prove to be helpfull ;)

Second, I suspect when you talk about speeds, you mean download speeds (everybody's only concerned about those, ainnit...)... well, your download speed is dependent on the upload speed of the peers you are connected to (often referred to as "the swarm" ), *and* their connectivity.

When you download from a bunch of ppl where there's only 2 seeds, and they all have their uploads capped to the minimum, don't expect a staggering download then... ;)

I've had downloads @ over 500kBps, and @ 1kBps...

About the ratio, best thing is to *at least* give back what you got, meaning you upload 100% back... more is always nice, especially when there's not much seeds in the swarm...

JJ

Well, its now 11:15 am here and i'm averaging my desired DL speed at about 175- 275 kBps. I guess my speed is somewhat determined by the time of the day when there are more seeds available.

My next question is where do my completed torrents save and if I need to do anything with them to turn them into usable files. I used utorrent recently, and I was able to set a folder where all of the completed folders saved there very organized and the albums I would DL saved to their respected folder.

Hello rastamaster,

Just a quick note, please do not make duplicate posts all over the forums.

Just make one post per topic and continue in the same place (as you are doing here) with any responses or further requests - if you don't, it will become very confusing for others (as well as yourself) to follow your thread (and it will take the staff much more time to move and/or delete them).

Thank you for your cooperation.

cassie :)

BitComet leaves the completed downloads in the default download location It doesn't move them a la µtorrent (though I've requested this feature), so you'll find them there when completed (or not) µtorrent has an option to add the extension, ".!ut" to incomplete downloads BitComet will also do this, but with the extension, ".bc!", which makes it easy to separate the complete downloads from the incomplete ones in a directory listing.

There's nothing special you need to do with the complete files that you didn't do with µtorrent. If you want to move them and still seed them you just need to change the download location in the torrent properties, but this isn't any different.