To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Connection trouble

Hi

First of all I'm new to BitComet but not P2P (mostly Limewire). Also my PC is in danish not English so I might translate some words wrong

I can't seem to get a proper connection with this program. Up is no problem maxed out always 60 KB/sec. Down a big problem Max 75-80 KB/sec average about 30 KB/sec. Connection should be able to get 245 KB/sec. (In Limewire I have gotten 235-240 down while uploading 35-45)

I get:

Default tracker optimization rules file loaded.

IP rules file: ipfilter.dat loaded, 0 entries.

Start Listening at TCP Port:23015

Start Listening at UDP Port:23015

BitComet 0.70 is running on:

CPU : Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.70GHz 1695 MHz

RAM size : 511.29 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

Windows XP WF Status: load profile failed.

Update Local IP: 127.**.**.**

Windows XP ICS Status: cannot find working ICS.

Windows XP UPnP Status: device not found!

UDP tracker report: WAN IP = 217.***.**.**

Connected to UDP helper tracker on 2006-07-07 01:08

----------------------------------------------------------------

I only get connected to Host that say Local. No remote

I have tried to configure everything as best I can.

Adding BitComet as an exception to firewall (Panda Platinum Internet Security 2005)

Enabling UPnP + P2P in Windows Services in the add/remove programs + started UPnP in Administration>component services

Applied EviD Patch (100 halfopen connections) Same in router firewall + disabled everything there

Updated Firmware to newest version in router

Disabled I.P. filter in router

Disabled all other protective software

Tried Portforwarding but I'm doing something wrong (Can't get that to work for Limewire either, but it's running smoothly anyway) That's why I am trying to get UPnP to work.

Set Static IP + correct DNS servers both in router and in Windows. At least I think I did

I tested the port that I originally tried to forward:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

GRC Port Authority Report created on UTC: 2006-07-07 at 01:34:11

Results from probe of port: 64049

0 Ports Open

0 Ports Closed

1 Ports Stealth

---------------------

1 Ports Tested

THE PORT tested was found to be: STEALTH.

TruStealth: FAILED - ALL tested ports were STEALTH,

- NO unsolicited packets were received,

- A PING REPLY (ICMP Echo) WAS RECEIVED.

I have tried changing ports and various other settings in BitComet preferences but keep getting the same results. I can't help but feel that I am missing something, but what ???

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

If anymore info of setup etc. is needed just ask (have email notification on replies)

Sincerely

Sleepless

Hi

First of all I'm new to BitComet but not P2P (mostly Limewire). Also my PC is in danish not English so I might translate some words wrong

I can't seem to get a proper connection with this program. Up is no problem maxed out always 60 KB/sec. Down a big problem Max 75-80 KB/sec average about 30 KB/sec. Connection should be able to get 245 KB/sec. (In Limewire I have gotten 235-240 down while uploading 35-45)

I get:

Default tracker optimization rules file loaded.

IP rules file: ipfilter.dat loaded, 0 entries.

Start Listening at TCP Port:23015

Start Listening at UDP Port:23015

BitComet 0.70 is running on:

CPU : Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.70GHz 1695 MHz

RAM size : 511.29 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

Windows XP WF Status: load profile failed.

Update Local IP: 127.**.**.**

Windows XP ICS Status: cannot find working ICS.

Windows XP UPnP Status: device not found!

UDP tracker report: WAN IP = 217.***.**.**

Connected to UDP helper tracker on 2006-07-07 01:08

----------------------------------------------------------------

I only get connected to Host that say Local. No remote

I have tried to configure everything as best I can.

Adding BitComet as an exception to firewall (Panda Platinum Internet Security 2005)

Enabling UPnP + P2P in Windows Services in the add/remove programs + started UPnP in Administration>component services

Applied EviD Patch (100 halfopen connections) Same in router firewall + disabled everything there

Updated Firmware to newest version in router

Tried Portforwarding but I'm doing something wrong (Can't get that to work for Limewire either, but it's running smoothly anyway) That's why I am trying to get UPnP to work.

Set Static IP + correct DNS servers both in router and in Windows. At least I think I did

I tested the port that I originally tried to forward:

GRC Port Authority Report created on UTC: 2006-07-07 at 01:34:11

Results from probe of port: 64049

0 Ports Open

0 Ports Closed

1 Ports Stealth

---------------------

1 Ports Tested

THE PORT tested was found to be: STEALTH.

TruStealth: FAILED - ALL tested ports were STEALTH,

- NO unsolicited packets were received,

- A PING REPLY (ICMP Echo) WAS RECEIVED.

I have tried changing ports and various other settings in BitComet preferences but keep getting the same results. I can't help but feel that I am missing something, but what ???

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

If anymore info of setup etc. is needed just ask (have email notification on replies)

Sincerely

Sleepless

Have you tried this guide http://www.p2pforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=99434#99434

and check http://www.portforward.com/help/portforwarding.htm

Hi,

If your Upload is running at maxium of 60kB/s, try setting global max upload to 48kB/s, this will allow your client some bandwidth to respond to the tracker faster, and could greatly increase your download speed.

Suspect

Hi,

If your Upload is running at maxium of 60kB/s, try setting global max upload to 48kB/s, this will allow your client some bandwidth to respond to the tracker faster, and could greatly increase your download speed.

Suspect

I had it at 50 KB/sec. I am pretty sure that I have BitComet configured correctly.

Also tried looking through those links. I can't find any answers there that I haven't tried allready

The router I believe is the problem. Adding rules is a bit more complicated in mine. Sure wish I had Sygates router :rolleyes:

Screenshot of adding rule attached.

post-2034-1152318511.jpg

What should I put in global address? Tried the DNS servers but that didn't seem to make any difference

Or do I not put listening port in all the portsettings?

Or maybe something else is wrong ?

Why are you trying to set up a NAT rule? You only need to open a port in the firewall.

Speaking of, you need to be dealing with the right port, which is BitComet's listen port. Your log quote shows that to be 23015 but your NAT rule is for a completely different port. You can use either one but you need to be consistent about it.

What's the router's make and model number? With that, maybe we can figure out what you need to configure.

Your upstream setting may still be too high, have you actually tested it and limited BitComet to 80% or so of the tested value?

Why are you trying to set up a NAT rule? You only need to open a port in the firewall.

Speaking of, you need to be dealing with the right port, which is BitComet's listen port. Your log quote shows that to be 23015 but your NAT rule is for a completely different port. You can use either one but you need to be consistent about it.

What's the router's make and model number? With that, maybe we can figure out what you need to configure.

Your upstream setting may still be too high, have you actually tested it and limited BitComet to 80% or so of the tested value?

I pressed choose random port to see if the rule made any difference at all. It didn't. I had set listen port to 64069 when trying to portforward.

I have tried lowering upstream. Makes no difference. Even tried 30 KB/s

Router is a SMC ADSL Barricade SMC7204BRA (it says part number 751.7667 on router)

I have updated it to latest firmware (v. 1.05)

The reason I tried to add a NAT rule is that I tried to portforward for Limewire as well and the guide from www.portforward.com told me to. The guide is incomplete I suspect. There are no instructions for what to put in Global IP.

At this rate I won't need to reseed the torrents I get at all, since ratio is allready at about 2-2.5 when finishing a download :D

There is a IP filter and firewall on this router but I have allready disabled both

re-enable this

What other software, you said you had Panda Inet Security so this should be all you need. You only want 1 antivirus and 1 firewall on your computer otherwise your gonna have problems

Now for the main problem, something isnt right about the NAT rule your making.

According to your logs your computer's Local IP address is 127.*.*.* (this seems wierd)

Then according to your NAT rule you have a range of Local IPs from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.4

These do not match up so obviously its not gonna work.

So first you should disable the UPnP option in Bitcomet

Now you should figure out what your PCs IP address is

Use the command prompt; Start -> Run -> type cmd and hit enter

now type ipconfig and hit enter

Write down the IP Address

This is the Local address you need to enter into your NAT rule

both the "Local Address From" and the "Local Address To" should be this same address

dont worry about the global addresses, they should all remain 0.0.0.0

also for the protocol choose Any instead of just UDP

Basically the directions at portforward.com tells you everything, somehow you didnt follow them correctly

Hopefully my directions make it more clear.

Also Im curious as to why Bitcomet thinks your Local IP is the localhost loopback IP 127.*.*.*

-(possibly cause of Panda IS, hopefully it wont cause problems)

Please tell us if you get things working and are able to get Remote connections after making a proper NAT rule.

yeah !!

I am now getting remote connections :D

I checked the ipconfig like you said and it said 192.168.1.4 (must be something with my ISP ??)

I then made a rule anyway for 127.0.0.1 That still didn't work

Then I started backtracking everything I had done. Everything looked fine until I got to the Panda firewall>View Network Activity. When I pressed Bitcomet there I saw Panda was blocking some of the incoming connections. I then checked the exeptions tab and saw that Both BitComet and Limewire were set as Outbound clients instead of Inbound/Outbound. I got no option to change this (guess Panda has a mind of it's own) so I tried disabling the firewall and turning the Windows Firewall on instead. There were allready exeptions made for both BitComet and Limewire ??? I did not make them I think.

Then tried both programs. Both are recieving incoming.

Ty for your help all. If you hadn't questioned my methods and come with suggestions I probably would have given up and just stuck with Limewire. Which BTW is a great program if you know how to search/filter and use common sense (I don't mean the filter options in Limewire it's not very good) I mean through experience searching the network for rare stuff. There are a lot of spammers and mischiefs targeting the Gnutella Network unfortunatly.

Well Thanks again

Sleepless

I might add for future reference that forwarding port 127.0.0.1 did not work

I forwarded 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.4 There are between 2 and 4 PC connected at times so i just forwarded all

BitComet still says IP is 127......

post-2034-1152460852.jpg

post-2034-1152460893.jpg

post-2034-1152460925.jpg

I think it all looks fine now (not sure) If you see anything strange in the pictures, tell me exactly what. Still not quite used to this program ;)

If you made a NAT rule for 127.x.x.x then remove it, I think Bitcomet registers this address because of Panda.

Also there is no need to portforward over 250 IP addresses (192.168.0.1 - 192.168.1.4)

and you definitely do NOT want to have your gateway address(192.168.0.1) forwarded

You only need to portforward the one address of the PC that uses Bitcomet (192.168.1.4 - 192.168.1.4)

If you have more than one computer that uses Bitcomet then each of those computers should use a different port and you should make a new NAT rule for each computer.

If you made a NAT rule for 127.x.x.x then remove it, I think Bitcomet registers this address because of Panda.

Also there is no need to portforward over 250 IP addresses (192.168.0.1 - 192.168.1.4)

and you definitely do NOT want to have your gateway address(192.168.0.1) forwarded

You only need to portforward the one address of the PC that uses Bitcomet (192.168.1.4 - 192.168.1.4)

If you have more than one computer that uses Bitcomet then each of those computers should use a different port and you should make a new NAT rule for each computer.

Oops :D I will fix right away :D But It works so well

If My IP is 192.168.1.4 do I then forward 192.168.100.400 to get only one address ? Or should I maybe change my IP ?

No Im not sure where your getting that

Go back to the picture of the NAT Rule you posted earlier

Everything was fine except for these things:

Protocol: Any

Local address from: 192.168.1.4

Local address to: 192.168.1.4

No Im not sure where your getting that

Go back to the picture of the NAT Rule you posted earlier

Everything was fine except for these things:

Protocol: Any

Local address from: 192.168.1.4

Local address to: 192.168.1.4