To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

how do i get an invite....?????

Rustbuket

I guess I'm new to this whole torrent thing but I have dloaded like 15 movies in the pat week I love it!

I would like to have my hands on Pirates of the Caribbean "dead man's chest".....I saw a couple on some sites but most say "By invite only"

How do I get invited or is there any other way to download this flick?

Much apreciated!

You are usually invited by someone. Someone who knows you or if you do them a good impression, maybe?

All you need to download the movie is a torrent and there are a lot of torrent sites. However, there are lots of "fake" torrents around the web with this, so watch out. By fake, it means it isn't the movie you want. To identify fakes, watch the file size (shouldn't be too low), peers/seeds (sometimes fake torrents exaggerate) and the date it was submitted (remember it's been out only a few days).

You shouldn't need to worry about invites there is at least one genuine version out there. My advice is dont download anything .RAR or a torrent that has a password file infact on account of the increasing number of password guarded torrents I suggest you check the file list of any torrent you wanna download.

Thanks guys,

I'm on my 3rd try for this movie one was password protected and I previewed the password Read-me file and it said I had to join "http://blackstarbt.org/" for the pasword......

I checked it out last night and it seemed like a forum....>So I thought no big deal.....and I kept on Dloading the movie....

Welp this morning for some reason Servage Solutions has suspended the blackstarbt account and now I cant get my password...

is there any way around using a password?

Well, you'd better hope they'll unblock this account... Until then there are some things to try:

- Check all comments (if there are any) on the site you got your .torrent from and ask for help there;

- Keep in mind that URLs sometimes are used as passwords - check "www.blackstartbt.com", "http://..." etc;

- Look for your .torrent on other sites (google for its name, then for its hash) - you may find some info on it or just ask for help in comments/PM to uploader/seeder;

- Try using search engines' cache (google, altavista, yahoo...) - they may have saved some pages from that site when it was online.

- You may try and crack archive password with appropriate utilities (but this can (and most likely, will) take time enough for you to redownload it anew %). If this is .ace, don't even try :)

But before you try anything (at least for experience points %) ), you'd better find another torrent and start downloading it ;)

Good luck to you next time.

Thanks guys,

I'm on my 3rd try for this movie one was password protected and I previewed the password Read-me file and it said I had to join "http://blackstarbt.org/" for the pasword......

I checked it out last night and it seemed like a forum....>So I thought no big deal.....and I kept on Dloading the movie....

Welp this morning for some reason Servage Solutions has suspended the blackstarbt account and now I cant get my password...

is there any way around using a password?

The password is: mansdeadchest

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

You shouldn't need to worry about invites there is at least one genuine version out there. My advice is dont download anything .RAR or a torrent that has a password file infact on account of the increasing number of password guarded torrents I suggest you check the file list of any torrent you wanna download.

Why dont u try using a password cracking program.I downloaded a rar movie file that was passworded & i used a program called unrarit & it worked.Theres quite a few programs like this that do the same job.

Don't really wanna say told you so but.... Any way's you would be suprised how often you can be let down by passworded torrents so if you start downloading one bugger it off save your self the kb/ps. Goodluck oh and I dont spose you know how to burn or convert those pesky KVCD files, would you???

have you tried nero vision? or dvd santa. for conversion. otherwise just burn them, theyll play on dvd players. vcd is merely a form of dvd really, just smaller. you could also try tmpgenc to convert them. i usually just burn them to a dvd or cd as they come and watch them on my computer with vlc

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes:

I have downloaded movies only to find them password protected. I have found it easier to delete them and go back to another torrent.

Have had no problem with rar dls. Some of my downloads skip or chatter so they get dumped as well.

I dont spose you know how to burn or convert those pesky KVCD files, would you???

Kvcd is designed to be burnt to a cdr disc. No conversion is needed, just burn with nero or alcohol 120%.

Here is alittle information on kvcd...

A commercial dvd is approx 8,000mb in size (far to big to download quickly), and needs to be "shrunk down" to fit a dvdr disc (4.38gb) Still to big to download quickly.

KVCD is encoded to be burnt onto a standard cdr disc, and when played on a dvd player provides almost as good video quality as the orignal dvd, and with an approx size of 800mb.

You might wonder how kvcd can encode a movie at 1/10 the size of a dvd and still look good.

The answer is complex, but suffice it to say that kvcd is set to display direct to your tv screen so no resolution is lost in providing pixals that cannot be displayed. It also uses complex software to create a varible bit rate, this way it improves quality of video for parts of the film that require it, and lowers bit rate for parts that don't.

Creating kvcd is an art, and not all kvcd downloads are equal.

Tus kvcds have become known as the best world wide, and we have a strong following, and all our torrents are well seeded.

I can provide you with guides to burn kvcd if you like.

Suspect

• 1 month later...

if u want to download any games as in like ps2, ness, snes, n64 or anything u should download emulators first. ness, snes, and n64 are easy to find but alot of ps2 ones dont work... if u get a psx one i suggest getting epsxe. but epsxe requires you to find the bios file, the sound plug-in and the video plug-in, but dont worry they are easy to find, just google it.

if u want to download any games as in like ps2, ness, snes, n64 or anything u should download emulators first. ness, snes, and n64 are easy to find but alot of ps2 ones dont work... if u get a psx one i suggest getting epsxe. but epsxe requires you to find the bios file, the sound plug-in and the video plug-in, but dont worry they are easy to find, just google it.

Sorry, :huh: but what does this have to do with the thread?

• 3 weeks later...

This is exactly what I am looking for also. It's not that I have to have the movie Dead Man's Chest as I will purchase the 2 disc set and the single disc of the movie on Dec. 5th. I just want to view it until the movie comes out.

I saw it 31 times in the theater. I am looking for a place that is still showing it and I will go see it again in a heartbeat!

Same here. I have a bootleg of cars. I downloaded the video files converted them and even made a menu and chapters. And overall it looks good. But I'm still going to get an official version when it comes out. I just like having the movie now, so does my 3 year old neice.

Same here. I have a bootleg of cars. I downloaded the video files converted them and even made a menu and chapters. And overall it looks good. But I'm still going to get an official version when it comes out. I just like having the movie now, so does my 3 year old neice.

Is the download of the movie suppose to be s-l-o-w-e-r than molasses? It's barely doing anything. Am I wasting my time on nothing?