To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Vip download dosn't work correctly.

butters1

I've just bought the 10GB package for Bitcomet 1.24 (and i have that version)

now i try to download a game which is on 7,84G ...

normal download speed before VIP: 100-200kb/s

normal download speed with VIP: 50-100kb/s

I've tried restarting the torrent and relogin but nothing works... i saw in a other topic that i just should PM a admin my Username and the hash code.

please "Admin" reply here, and also tell me how to find the "hash code"

Thanks.

(Cheating is cheating, no matter how you describe it)

Just so you know, you lawsy admin cheaters ;) (just kidding) ...

i would agree with you. I have used the free 1G plan but it hasn't done anything good for me. I tried it on two torrents but there wasn't any increase in the speed. Lets see what admins have to say.sad.gif

it's a bit... weird that we can download torrents with Bitcomet and than "VIP" and you think WOOW! maximum speed in torrents!!!

Than you either try the free trial (i couldn't <_< ) and than i bought the 10GB package because it only was $5 and i thought if it was really good than i would buy the 100GB package...

I got really dissapointed when i found out that it actually don't help...

it said somewhere "VIP is really good for downloading slow torrents" .. well downloading with 100kb/s is kinda slow.. and VIP made it to 50kb/s

Just based on what i've tried with it, than i would say that it's a scam and a load of garbbage... (no offence to anyone)

still... using $5 on nothing is a kinda sad... those $5 could have been used to help people in need... (which i have done before)

Personally i think there should be a headline topic thing about VIP problems... where people like me and others can get help if it dosn't work as i should.

Okay, i've said enough... just gonna wait for admin.

Thanks again :)

Hope that YOU (admin) helps me and the others that needs help with this.

Ya.. Im having the same problem.. I bought the 10Gb version for 5$.. But I'm downloading a 93Gb zip file!

And i realized that i just cant do it with my 10gb version, not even TEST it.. cause the size of my download file is larger than 10gb..

At least 10gb of the 93gb i could download in faster speed! :( but i caaaaaant!

Im thinking about buying the 100Gb version, but i dont know if it will help... its 20$ you know.. and im downloading it at 34 kb/s only :(

What you guys think?

This is how the system works.

Let's say that you buy the 10gb version for $5...

Bitcomet will help you with 10gb of files.

so if you download a movie.. let's say it's 712MB

than you have 9GB and 288MB left.

when the download is done you still only have 9GB and 288mb left, you won't get the GB/MB back.

if a download file is more than 10GB than you can't download it with VIP.

As i can see it the system is new. therefore there can be alot of problems that they need to fix.

But i do really do hope that they would solve the problem.

buying an item and don't get it as they promise = lieing... and lieing about business = crime.

would be the same if i sold a DVD as "new" and than you bought it.. came home and saw the DVD inside was broken...

Oh well, PLEASE FIX THE VIP DOWNLOAD SPEED DOWNLOAD!

Thanks again. :)

~~~~~Not part of the problem~~~~~

if it was me who was in charge of how this VIP thing should work than i would say that the users themselfes should work for the VIP

let's say you buy 10GB ... than you have 10GB and should as it does now... but if you upload let's say... 200mb than you would get 200mb to VIP with but than you could only use the MB/GB's when the "bar" was at 10GB again. so you need to upload 10GB to do it again. (it would help all people download and Bitcomet would still earn some money on it)

Ya.. Im having the same problem.. I bought the 10Gb version for 5$.. But I'm downloading a 93Gb zip file!

And i realized that i just cant do it with my 10gb version, not even TEST it.. cause the size of my download file is larger than 10gb..

At least 10gb of the 93gb i could download in faster speed! :( but i caaaaaant!

Im thinking about buying the 100Gb version, but i dont know if it will help... its 20$ you know.. and im downloading it at 34 kb/s only :(

What you guys think?

I think you should wait...

if you get the same problem as i have right now than you would be dissapointed...

wait until the problem is solved.

I hope a admin soon would reply to this...

soooo... bump? ;)

you know what... forget about it, because of this i've now switched to µTorrent for 4 good reasons:

1. Almost same layout...

2. Does practically the same thing...

3. Does NOT block sites as Bitcomet does...

4. Somestimes even faster to connect to trackers than Bitcomet is...

3. Does NOT block sites as Bitcomet does...

4. Somestimes even faster to connect to trackers than Bitcomet is...

What are you talking about? BitComet has and will never block anything. And No.4 is up to your connection's abilities.

• 2 weeks later...

hi every body ..

I Purchase 100G plan .. :D

currently I download big files :o "may reach up to 80 GB" i download one task only .. but when I use the VIP accerlate there is no diffrent in speed :( .. its same before i use the VIP .. instead its more slower . :unsure:

by the way the seeds in this file less.. B)

so any suggestions .. to increase the speed .. because I spent my money and there is no benfit :rolleyes:

my adsl line up to 16 MB

best regard for all team in bitcomet

Just to clarify something, below my avatar you'll see a little green symbol and the words, "Tech Staff".

Us "greenies" can't help you with questions or problems about VIP. That takes somebody who's an Administrator, who has a yellow symbol.

It's not that we're ignoring the questions, rather that we can't answer them or help you on this topic.

well i would said this system has some flaw

and it's seem to unfair to other who keep on upload/seed

to earn the score to gain better download speed.

Before this so call VIP download, we had to keep on seeding

and therefore we can get better speed.

but now ppl can just come in and buy with money ...

well ... fine ... after all it's business ..

but now problem is if most ppl just upgrade to VIP

and no one seeding anymore coz they don't hv to to get better speed(LT-seed) ...

wonder how this VIP download can help as torrent speed is suppose depend on number of seeder??

throttle other low ranking user and give way to VIP??

Not sure though,

but i do feel the speed on bitcomet is not like it used to a few months back ...

Maybe VIP download do put a lot ppl on the top rank now.

and maybe i also like other, upgrade to vip

then i don't need to seed so much anymore and still get decent speed ...

plus it does help a big save in electric bills($5 as oppose to 24hr laptop electrical)

Actually, it's quite the opposite. The more VIP users are in a swarm the faster others (as in non-vip users) download. Vip servers upload a lot faster than the vip users could on their own, so that's actually a very big improvement for the rest of the swarm.

If buying, powering and maintaining powerful servers were free, the vip service could have been free too.

As far as sharing goes it's up to your own common sense to seed at the very least until you have an 1.0 ratio, this is the core law of p2p file sharing, although BitComet can't and won't force anyone to seed. It's your freedom of choice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

eldy123, BitComet developed this service to help pay development costs, but some people are experiencing problems and they are being handled. Lucy26 will handle your issues during normal business hours, so please be patient. In the meantime it's not helping anyone to express anger, you should give the service a chance to do what it is designed to do, and failing to do that, ask for a refund, but posting angry replys on someone else's topic isn't called for.