To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

cometbird not loading

Try starting it in safemode (if possible). One of your add-ons/extensions might be causing the problem.

You could also try uninstalling, delete the install folder, then reinstall.

Or, as many users are unhappy with anything based on Firefox 4.x versions, revert back to a prior version.

First thing you should do is reboot your computer. If it still doesn't open, then uninstall it, then delete the following folder.

for 32bit windows versions

c:\program files\cometbird

for 64bit windows versions

c:\program files (x86)\cometbird

Then reinstall.

You might also want to install version 3.6.16 instead, many users don't like firefox/cometbird versions 4.x

what i mean is that , the cometbird is not loading at all, after double clicking on it , i dont see it on task manager , but if i want to un-install the cometbird it will bring up a message saying that the cometbird is open , i have follow several instruction given to me but the problem still persist.

thanks , i have restarted the system and i have un-installed it and i have removed the file from c:\program files\cometbird , and i have installed again but i can not use it. cos it is not showing at all on the screen after double clicking it. this problem started when i upgraded it to 4.0.1 version.

i have removed the file from c:\program files\cometbird ,

This is not what you were asked to do.

I will repeat my instructions.

Uninstall cometbird.

Delete the FOLDER (not file) named cometbird from C:\program files or C:\program files (x86)

Install version 3.6.16

Then report if this version works for you.