To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

New but not new.

dps1976

This is the first time I have actually had time to check out the Forums here. I have been using Bitcomet for awhile now and made the Sergeant rank the other day. So far I have managed to keep an average of 1100-2100 kb/s downloading and 50-110 kb/s uploading. But anyways, I just wanted to pop in and say "Hi" to everyone out there and seed as much as you can to help everyone out.

• 2 weeks later...

The real truth is that they let the free server get loaded, so that more would pay the price for VIP server access... plain and simple, because ( if they had beforehand set free to a knowable by all amount of say 1,575 free user VIP accounts can access, then we would all know and the servers would not get overloaded... overloaded LOL now that's a laugh, they knew exactly what would happen, don't kid Yourself or anyone else, pfft, money money money customer service falls by the wayside in favor of big bux... besides, You can bet Your bottom dollar that they have plenty of HQ premium speed & quality performance server at the ready... the millions roll in and the more those top speed & quality servers keep gettin' popped in their bay slots. the bottom line is $'s so customer service and concerns best interest & contentment of client plays second fiddle...

StanDP~"Avid PC Enthusiast Since 1982..."...~<(____)~CheerzZz...-=8^)~(^8=-+

The real truth is that they let the free server get loaded, so that more would pay the price for VIP server access... plain and simple, because ( if they had beforehand set free to a knowable by all amount of say 1,575 free user VIP accounts can access, then we would all know and the servers would not get overloaded... overloaded LOL now that's a laugh, they knew exactly what would happen, don't kid Yourself or anyone else, pfft, money money money customer service falls by the wayside in favor of big bux... besides, You can bet Your bottom dollar that they have plenty of HQ premium speed & quality performance server at the ready... the millions roll in and the more those top speed & quality servers keep gettin' popped in their bay slots. the bottom line is $'s so customer service and concerns best interest & contentment of client plays second fiddle...

StanDP~"Avid PC Enthusiast Since 1982..."...~<(____)~CheerzZz...-=8^)~(^8=-+

Your post doesn't really make any sense since bittorrent downloading has no server whatsoever, controlled by bitcomet or anyone, it's peer to peer and bitcomet has no influence on the speed and performance, but you should know this already being you've been an avid pc enthusiest for nearly 30 years (no offense intended).

BitComet vip is an optional service, and I (personally) only recommend it to users that want to support bitcomet's development, after all, it is freeware, which also makes me wonder where all these millions of dollars you refer to are coming from??? I certainly never paid a penny for bitcomet, and if someone did, they didn't pay the developers, they were scammed by a third party.

VIP is similar to a user renting a shared seedbox, it's just a simplified process that requires no effort on the users behalf, and also allows anonymous downloading.

There is no bittorrent server, free or otherwise.

You, like many other people from around that time, are having trouble getting your heads around the idea that this is a completely different technology -- everything that you download comes from somebody just like you, with a computer just like yours and a connection just like yours. Everything you upload goes to somebody like you.

The old technology was client-server. This new technology is Peer-to-Peer. There is an optional tracker, which serves only to facilitate the peers' finding each other, but trackers are entirely independent, and not owned or controlled by BitComet (or utorrent, or Vuze or any other client).

VIP Acceleration is a step sideways from bittorrent. It's entirely optional and nowhere near mature. But it is a step backward toward client-server, and definitely does have a server which must somehow be paid for. VIP Acceleration depends on a working bittorrent swarm in order to function, so it can never replace bittorrent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...