To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet Using My Upload and Download Bandwidth when no task is on

It still is using my bandwidth even after disabling long term seeding. :(

I also have the same problem. Bitcomet seems to show bandwidth usage even when no task is 'ON'.

What I do is that either I remove all the tasks (completed) from the list or I simply restart bitcomet. That way, the activity comes to '0' bandwidth usage.

Right now, I am facing a new problem.

The box in which the rank & Score is displayed is showing some wierd html codes instead of the actual screen. Don't know what's happening with 'Bitcomet'(just updated it to the latest version). It might be having some bugs.

The box in which the rank & Score is displayed is showing some wierd html codes instead of the actual screen. Don't know what's happening with 'Bitcomet'(just updated it to the latest version). It might be having some bugs.

Try reading here.

I have the same problem ?!

This wasn't happen in version 1.28 !!! but since I installed the new version 1.32 >> every connection on my Laptop stopped (download, browsing, ...) so I used NetLimiter to see what is happened, and I found BitComet takes all my cable upload speed !! + some good download speed :( without any task running.

Even When a download task running, about every 20~30 minutes, this connection choke happened & the download task reaches 0 kB/s downlaod speed for 1~3 minutes and then resume again downloading by itself !! :( :(

P.S: I enabled Long Term seed before and it didn't cause this problem, but since this problem appeared, I disable the Long Term seed and made an global upload limit + task upload limit but with no result :(

Please help. I am using Bitcomet since 5+ years and this is a very annoying problem, I can't stand it anymore !! If this problem can't be solved I will be FORCED to use utorrent "which is the second best program after Bitcomet :("

-------------

My system spec:

Win 7 32bit Ultimate

Bitcomet 1.32

Firewall exception: added

Connection: ADSL 512k/128k

Router: TP-Link

Port forwarding: (enabled) Using UPNP

Program status: Green

Edited by ahmedhamdy712901 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

I have exactly the same issue with recent version of BitComet 1.33

It's using download bandwidth, while there are no downloads active (can reach 100KBp/s) and upload is taking nearly all possible bandwidth which in fact it's only uploading 1/3 of possible capacity.

In addition, it's also increasing CPU speed to half or can also reach 90% (not stable).

Eventually, it forces BitCommet to close or prompts a dialog that application stopped responding (while it will unfreeze a little later).

All this makes me restart the app several times a day and it blocks me from getting a proper amount of peers, makes uploading obsolete.

Please advise, thnx.

• 5 months later...

I also have this problem, BitComet is eating all my bandwith without downloading.

It would be great if someone could post a solution to this problem, the links here have not been of any help :(

I suggest you read Long-Term Seeding

In most cases this is normal behavior of bitcomet. If you feel yours is not normal then make a new topic after you read the "READ THIS before posting" topic.