To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

.ts files

sqrt4142135

"doesn't work" isn't a proper description of a bug.

also...

There is no difference in the way different file types are handled by bitcomet, if you cannot preview one file type then the problem is with your system, not your download client.

"doesn't work" isn't a proper description of a bug.

also...

There is no difference in the way different file types are handled by bitcomet, if you cannot preview one file type then the problem is with your system, not your download client.

I can preview all downloaded movies if bitcomet download first part of file, in the case of type .ts your torrent client just doesn't load the first part of movie.

It's 100% bug in bitcomet, not a program for previewing.

No viewer handles all types of files, including the default BitComet viewer. BitComet is file-transfer software, not viewing software, and its emphasis is on file transfers, not on trying to view everything. The viewer is provided for convenience and never promised to support all types of video files.

If you want to view file types that the bult-in viewer does not support, then change the default viewer to one that WILL play that type of file.

Options -> Advanced ui.preview.program.path set to point to whichever viewer you want to use.

I ask just about downloading the first part of the movie the necessary and sufficient to preview the movie with player VLC media player.

VLC media player supports this type.

Bug of Bitcomet: doesn't load the first part of the file with type .ts.

BTW: check it out, start downloading any .ts movie and select preview and look "Piece Map".

and what do U C? Please compare the same with .avi or .mkv files.

Convinced now?

BitComet doesn't get to dictate what loads first. BitComet has to accept whatever is being offered by other peers at the moment, that it can successfully negotiate for.

If that happens to include the first parts of the file, then great, BitComet will try to load it first if asked. But if what's out there DOESN'T happen to include the first part, or it isn't available, then what is BitComet supposed to do, according to you? Stop and wait in hopes somebody comes by to offer the beginning while refusing the parts that ARE being offered, until it gets what it wants?

Massively inefficient. Not gonna happen. Since .ts files are not very popular and the swarms are consequently small, this situation is quite likely to occur. Preview was never intended to be used this way and never promised to always show the file beginning at the beginning. Bittorrent transfers don't allow that. Preview is intended to let you assure yourself that the contents are the correct contents -- that it is what it says it is and is or isn't the version that you wanted; and that the quality is adequate.

Preview takes what BitComet has downloaded so far, whatever that is, and does its best to "interpolate" the missing pieces. The more pieces it can get, the better, but that's entirely out of any individual client's control.

Did I say stop and wait? Unless I speak about a case when it is impossible? Why with avi files no any problem and why such serious problem with ts files? I request to download the first part of the avi movie, I get it. With ts I can not do the same. What's the reason? 100% agree that the preview is designed to assess the quality of the film. Size of ts files are usually 15-30 GB and what do you suggest? To download, to look and remove?

So sorry, I don't know where ts movies aren't popular. On Russian torrent sites they often meet therefore asked. I only wanted to have possibility of preview for ts files.

Well if no, then no.

Good luck!

If people insist on cramming 15+ GB into a single file, then reasonable previews in bittorrent become impossible. You would simply have to wait until enough pieces are downloaded to make coherent blocks that can be played. It will take a very long time, and the fewer the uploaders, the more time that will probably take -- but that's not because anything is wrong with the transfer software. BitComet can't control the order in which pieces are offered to it. If you have a solution to that, I'm certain the developers would be delighted to hear it.

It has become popular to include a small preview file with very large video downloads of high-resolution movies and broadcasts. The preview file can be quickly downloaded without downloading the main file, in order to determine content and quality. I suggest you begin encouraging people to do that with .ts files.

Probably you should go to the Feature Request section of the forum and make a post asking the developers to include .TS files among the list of files for which the "Optimize download strategy for preview" option is employed.