To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Hello everyone!

When I made a BitComet account 4 months ago I had no idea there was a forum until I had a problem! I recently went onto Extratorrent and tried to DL a movie only to see that I have a blocked listening port and I am 'signing in' I am new to this and have no idea what Im doing.

Hi,

No offense intended, but until you learn to read instructions you're not going to learn. Your listening port is a problem with your hardware and/or software and until you tell us about what you have, we can't help you. We've gone to a lot of trouble to outline what we need to know in order to help you and with 5 mins of reading you would have known what to provide and this message I'm typing would have actually had useful info instead of asking for information.

• Like 1

At least one on every forum, well got the listening port to green and still nothing is downloading. Had to put my laptop into the DMZ to get it to change, but still there is no progress. It doesnt matter anyway as all this seems to be going to s***. Im in the UK, ISP is BT, the only significant change is that I recently installed Hotspot Shield.

Apologies to the relevant protocol Nazis BTW no offence intended to your code of conduct/rules etc....

The rules for posting support requests are there to help you, if you had read them you would have told us what hardware you are using and we would have known that you were behind a router and told you the proper way to fix it.

When you're asking for help from other bitcomet users the least you can do is fully explain your problem and the hardware you are using.

There are links to the list of info we need posted at the top of the forum you originally posted in, all through the forum, in my signature, and Cassie even replied with the link and you still haven't read it.

So I'll repeat myself... until you learn to read instructions, you're not going to learn.

*topic closed*

• Like 1