To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet v 1.37 (64-bit) freezing

jedi_pimp1200

I am running Bicomet v 1.37 64 bit on the latest version of windows 8. When I start a task, it will connect freeze, and then restart. It seems as if every time I click on anything it freezes for about 1 minute windows says it is not responding and then it begins to work again for a few minutes. Have reinstalled twice, also have virus scanned hard drive. Please help.

You might also check if the problem exists in other versions. You can download all versions from the link in my signature, if you don't want to remove your existing version get the .zip package which doesn't require installation (extract and run), just don't attempt to run more than one version at the same time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

There can be many causes for the vague "freezing" behavior. If the internet connection freezes when the app is first started it can probably be addressed by changing settings, if bitcomet's gui stops responding for a moment it's usually a problem accessing your drive, if your computer becomes unresponsive it could be a memory issue and you might need to optimize your virtual memory or upgrade your ram. Unfortunately there isn't much we can do if members don't provide detailed info. We've provided instructions on how to prepare a support request including the minimum about of information that's required, it's linked all through the forum including in my signature. Those who post the required info usually get excellent support, those who ignore it may still resolve their problem after several days/weeks of going back and forth trying to obtain the info a piece at a time.

Just to add to what The UnUsual Suspect said...

You would all be wise to start your very own (personal) thread, when you include the basic information - a single thread which contains more than one member's specifications, often becomes very confusing to diagnose and reply to (unless, of course, you have the same identical computer, applications, modems/routers and configurations enabled... which,of course, is highly unlikely)