To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

yellow light prob

Sometimes, you must forward your port manually.

1. Go to BitComet > settings > connection and choose the port 24680

2. Go here and learn how to forward your port (24680) on your router.

PS: Follow the default guide!

Edited by GandalfTheWizard (see edit history)

I'll also add that you should set up a static IP address for your computer, as your ISP will probably give you a dynamic (one that changes) one.

Read here for a detailed step-by-step tutorial on how to set up a Static IP and how to Forward your Port (you must not skip any steps) and also here.

Try this one: http://lifehacker.com/5822605/how-to-set-up-dhcp-reservations-so-you-never-have-to-check-an-ip-address-again

Note: before doing this job, go to IPv4 properties and set all values to automatic.

Each router has this function. The only problem is that I don't know how to deal with your brand. I usually work with TP-LINK. Please excuse my lack of knowledge :(

I think I found your problem. If you look up your modem you'll see it's a mobile broadband, or cellular type broadband... in this case 4G, which only provide one way internet. You can send connection attempts to other peers and as long as they aren't firewalled they will receive it, but if they try to contact you first, it will be blocked by your ISP before it gets to your router, so basically you have two routers, one controlled by your isp where they take internet and route it to their customers. Generally there is nothing you can do unless you can get your ISP to provide you a dedicated port that only you use and in that case only data on your specific port will get past your router and any data that isn't a piece of bittorrent data that passes hash check will be deleted, to it's very secure.However most ISPs don't really care about bittorrent users and won't lift a finger to help, so in that case the best option is to stop giving them your money and find another source for internet.

If I'm mistaken and you don't have a "4G" internet connection, then please start over from the beginning by reading the link below in my signature "READ THIS before posting" and it contains a list of the basic info we need which would have avoided all the guessing above and would have narrowed this down in a few seconds.

I think I found your problem. If you look up your modem you'll see it's a mobile broadband, or cellular type broadband... in this case 4G, which only provide one way internet. You can send connection attempts to other peers and as long as they aren't firewalled they will receive it, but if they try to contact you first, it will be blocked by your ISP before it gets to your router, so basically you have two routers, one controlled by your isp where they take internet and route it to their customers. Generally there is nothing you can do unless you can get your ISP to provide you a dedicated port that only you use and in that case only data on your specific port will get past your router and any data that isn't a piece of bittorrent data that passes hash check will be deleted, to it's very secure.However most ISPs don't really care about bittorrent users and won't lift a finger to help, so in that case the best option is to stop giving them your money and find another source for internet.

If I'm mistaken and you don't have a "4G" internet connection, then please start over from the beginning by reading the link below in my signature "READ THIS before posting" and it contains a list of the basic info we need which would have avoided all the guessing above and would have narrowed this down in a few seconds.

it is 4g connection and currently im using 1 router... any other solution?

Edited by planbchoysb (see edit history)

it is 4g connection and currently im using 1 router... any other solution?

4G? you should have provided us this information earlier...

There is no solution, because 4G/3G packets are firewalled at cell tower. You can't forward your port.

• Like 1

You can still use bitcomet without a listening port, it will just be more difficult to get connected peers that need you. . With typical browsing your WWAN connection will work ok, but you need a full bi-directional internet connection in order to do more serious tasks like p2p downloading.

• Like 1