To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Scoring system

Something is wrong with scoring system. Last 3 days I uploud about 10GB (min. 3GB per day) and system give me only 20 points per day instead 120. My computer and bitcomet work all day and I sign in many times - no problem.My ranking position increase every day for 2-3 points, that means other bc users collect more points then me. My internet conection and speed is OK. By the way I am 5+ years bitcomet user and never had a problem like this.I know that not affect on downloading but... Sorry for my english and I hope for help.

Thanks guys

ScreenShot_20170531025444.png

I have that also I think 20points a day is the norm but I have been stuck on 63% for the last 2 days even thought im getting points.Another thing I noticed you get all the 20points in one go not like before when you would get 2points per hour.I upload 5gig an hour,normally between 50 to 80gig a day

It's definitely out of whack, however as everyone is affected the ranking can go up (a 'decrease in ranking would mean your rank numbert would be higher and not lower).

I know mine gains rank.

I have the same problem from 05/28/17 (20 points per day instead 120). My upload is about 150/200 GB/day. My rank is the same (34), so I think that the problem is for all.

My problem or server problem? 

Tanks for Your attention and for your work.

Capture_16.jpg.b87abd02bb7caaf505bb0abbe3d994a3.jpg

Capture_16.jpg

It's more a databse problem (with the scoring) than either a server or client fault. As for ranking, you have to remember that everyone is having the same problem so as you are gaining 20 points per day, those close to you in rank are also gaining them, so the ranking won't change much (if any)

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/5/2017 at 6:05 AM, nanfangbuddha said:

I have that also I think 20points a day is the norm but I have been stuck on 63% for the last 2 days even thought im getting points.Another thing I noticed you get all the 20points in one go not like before when you would get 2points per hour.I upload 5gig an hour,normally between 50 to 80gig a day

Ok! I understand the new situation. Will you go back to the previous way? Now, after uploading 1 giga and 1 hour of connection, I close bitcomet. I'm sorry for the others but not earning rank points ... Greetings

No-one here has access to the servers of the software. All that can be done is for the forum admin to contact the team in China.

Keep in mind though that any 'ranking' is just a bit of fun as we're supposed to be sharing files on a P2P basis. Why close the app and stop sharing?

We are earning rank points actually - up to a max of 20 and as everyone is in the same boat,  you progress just as 'fast' as you did before - it just takes longer to get a higher title is all but the main thing is to keep sharing - if you feel that you're uploading too much, then just throttle back on the speed and run it longer.

Until whoever maintains the database changes it, there's nothing anyone can do

• 2 weeks later...

My up/download is unchanged, so I go on sharing, but

I HAVE A DREAM ...

to have the last star (level 62) and with 20 points a day I need more than 6 years.

No problem, the system is good but I hope You can solve the problem. Do You think that is possible? And when? 

• 7 months later...

that is unusual, is your score increasing?

ps. I too was confused as I was looking at your tasks to find an error, and don't be too hard on Rubarb, it's often a frustrating and thankless job serving the community. Besides most members don't follow rules, we also have to deal with idiots posting spam on a daily basis. 

pps. Rubarb was just promoted to Tech Support last week, we will post a belated announcement soon. 

For future reference, when you post a sceen dump (especially when the relevant part is very small and almost unnoticable), open it in a graphics app (MS Paint will work) and draw a red circle round the bit you want to be seen. That way it becomes clear what you're talking about.

Additionally, it's never a good idea to tack on to another thread with a different issue - open a new thread instead (there's no charge for doing that)