To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

1.52 torrents corruption

F1fV9k

Hello.

Can someone confirm "torrent corruptions" after emergency PC shutdowns? (OS on SSD). Problem is: after booting into OS _some_ active seeding torrents don't show up as active seeding on trackers' account pages. Neither uploading happens. Have to delete the jobs and download .torrent files again to add and rehash...

Never happened before 1.52. The only change is Windows 10 updates, I guess. Thank you.

What may be happening in the event of a hard shuutdown is that the files aren't being written to the hard drive.

In a normal exit/shutdown/restart,  there's a delay as it  closes down Bitcomet allowing it to write to the hard drive. In the event of a hard shut down, it doesn't get a chance to actually write the files, so they're 'lost'.

I don't have any SSDs (but I do run 'insider skip ahead' which is not runnimng the early versions of the 'upgrade' due in the spring of 2019) but I have had problems where I've had to do a hard reset (hit the power or reset button) and that has 'lost' some downloads. However, a restart of the .torrent followed by a hash check will recover part of the files (obviously it won't get the chunks that were lost with the failure to save)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I was wrong. It's not corruption. Please delete topic.

After restart of the program, on "tackers" tab only of the private trackers tasks status is empty instead of "logged in; ...". IDK why.

A'OK with uTorrent. So it's my settings/OS...

16 hours ago, george2018 said:

i have same problem, 1.51 build working fine, in 1.52 any private torrent doesn't have any reaction after starting torrent, so you cannot download anything, all other torrents working fine

check the tracker tab for errors

EsTrUMa.png

there's zero reaction when i start any private torrents, other torrent working fine, this bug happens only on 1.52 build, before that every build was working fine, including 1.51, maybe there's some problem after adding ipv6 DHT support, private torrents work fine if you add directly when bitcomet 1.52 is running, after you exit client it doesn't want to download anymore, there's even no warning, it's same on freshly installed version without changing any settings, i'm using latest windows 10 1803 build with 17134.320 update, disabling KIS 2019 protection doesn't help, after installing older 1.51 build torrents are working again, you just need to remove DHT IPv6 Network flag in trackers list:

rLIMUAM.png

enabling ipv6 protocol in lan settings doesn't help, i use only ipv4 protocol and zte 660F router with port forwarding, all other torrents working fine without private flag

yes, this bug happens only with private torrents and 1.52 bitcomet version , 1.51 works fine, if you add private torrent when bitcomet is running it's working fine, after you exit torrent client there's no reaction when you start any previosly added private torrents, there's some bug that prevents to start those torrents, any other torrents without private flag working fine with 1.52 build, maybe new DHT ipv6 network address in tracker url somehow prevents to start download when torrents have private flag, 1.51 version doesn't have this flag so it's working fine, it's same even with freshly installed bitcomet with default settings

Edited by george2018 (see edit history)

i tested about 10 computers and all had same problem, also my friends have same bug with private trackers with 1.52 build, if if first install 1.52 version and then 1.51 and don't remove DHT ipv6 network address in tracker url  in 1.51 version download doesn't work as well, so problem is definitly with new version, if you add new private torrent and start download it's working fine without exiting torrent client, when you exit client and then start same private torrent download there's no reaction (i think new DHT ipv6 network url address makes all the private tracker torrents to stop), i have fiber optic 55mb,sec with FZE660 router (no wifi) windows 1803 build with latest updates and KIS 2019

The problem may lie with the IPv6 - your ISP may not support it. If disabling that works, then I'd leave it that way permanently.

It seems that the implementation of IPv6 is very slow - some ISPs do support  it while others don't (can't see why as we all knew years ago that the available slots in IPv4 were rapidly running out)

it's altready disabled in lan settings:

009JhgL.png

1.52 not working:

s7d6wbU.png

1.51 without removing dht ipv6 network url not working: 

ImHc0TE.png

1.51 after removing dht ipv6 network ulr working fine with open port:

brt0ZfR.png

so in next version if you allow to disable dht ipv6 network every private torrent downloads should work again, now with 1.52 build it's doesn't matter whether i enable or disable dht network or enable or disable ipv6 protocol, all the added torrents with private flag doesn't have any reaction after download starts, if you add new private torrent and start download instantly then it works, after exit same torrent stops working, all other torrents without private flag also working fine with bitcomet 1.52 (both with DHT network enabled/disabled and ipv6 enabled/disabled)

• 2 months later...

this bug is still there in 1.54 new bitcomet build, i tried every combination but download doesn't work after i restart bitcomet client, problem is with dht ipv6 network ulr, i already checked with 1.51 version if you have dht ipv6 network ulr private tracker tasks doesn't work, when i removed it from any private torrent download works again, i altredy checked around 5-6 private trackers not 1-2, my friends have same problem with newer builds, by the way all the standard torrent tasks without private flag are working fine with 1.52-1.54 builds

• 3 months later...