To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Issue installing BitComet Client for Windows 10?

Dano219

Why is Norton 360 Anti-Virus and Windows Defender stating BitComet.exe installation is a Virus a Non-Trusted Application?

Norton 360 Anti-Virus and Windows Defender removes BitComet from my PC every time, I try to install it.

Before installing BitComet.exe. I disable Norton 360 Anti-Virus and Windows Defender. After installation is complete. BitComet works Great! Until I enable Norton. Once I enable Norton. Norton automatically detects BitComet as a Virus and removes BitComet from my PC. I used BitComet since 1998 and never once had this issue. I've used Norton 360 for many years and never once ran into this issue until now. Anyone has an answer what the issue is why I can't install BitComet on my Windows 10? Thanks!

It's a false positive - you would need to contact Symantec on this issue

As for Windows Defender, you shouldn't have two A/V apps running at the same time (I've checked here with Adaware disabled and Defender doesn't even hiccup)

Btw - asking the same thing over and over is not going to change the answer

It would not be possible to be both a virus and a non trusted application. Without knowing the exact detection I can't provide any accurate information but I can tell you that this is indeed a false positive. I suspect you are using the term virus as a slang word to mean malware which is not correct. A virus has to have the ability to self-replicate. Bitcomet is not and to the best of my knowledge has never been infected with any viruses. The software does exactly what it claims to do this has been verified more times than I can count. Each time a new version is released some of the antivirus products will not recognize the new version and if you have the highest security settings it will not whitelist the product until they get lots of complaints or the publisher pays them money. Since bitcomet is free there is no money to pay them. My advice would be to avoid Symantec products.

• 3 weeks later...