To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

How?

colebarry

Have you ever gone into a doctor's office and asked

"Hey Doc, I'm not feeling very well. What do I need, to get better?"

Probably not.

I bet the doctor will ask you a whole lot of basic questions, before he can diagnose your problem.

Well, the same applies here.

No basic information offered my members-- > the problem can't be diagnosed.

cassie

• 2 weeks later...

You can only be nice for so long. After the first few hundred times people have done this you start to get jaded. Especially when we've been "nice" asking for more information and the person is rude to us since we didn't give him an answer immediately.

And that's not taking into account that a lot of this is common sense, hence Cassie's reply.

He managed to start by posting in the wrong forum, ignored the "Read this first" topic, didn't bother to read the FAQ or the guides for the answer to his problem, nor search the forum where this question has been answered many times before.

He used up his breaks, and then some. Cassie was quite restrained and polite in her response, considering. Nobody who violates that many rules of general forum etiquette has any room to talk about rudeness.

ps: i myself would not have replied <_<

Sorry, but not replying doesn't hurt us any. :mellow: If anyone is hurt it was the person not replying, if they couldn't figure out their problem.

And if you think we're rude then you haven't been to the old forums and met up with some of their members.

people make mistakes, plain and simple can't be rude for stuff like that, especially for something that little

i understand that cassie along with others on this forum that give info are pretty much numb to answering the same question over and over again, but their is a right way to go about it and a wrong way to go about it , this is just my 2 cents does not matter if you agree with me thats just how i feel about it.

ps: dark_shroud....not replying is not intended to hurt the poster, by not replying says it's just not worth my time ;)

people make mistakes, plain and simple can't be rude for stuff like that, especially for something that little

i understand that cassie along with others on this forum that give info are pretty much numb to answering the same question over and over again, but their is a right way to go about it and a wrong way to go about it , this is just my 2 cents does not matter if you agree with me thats just how i feel about it.

ps: dark_shroud....not replying is not intended to hurt the poster, by not replying says it's just not worth my time ;)

I'm a global mod on a torrentsite, Biggbaa, and believe me when i say that some of the good folk that swagger around the place can count themselves to be fortunate that i can't reach them :lol:

I have constructed FAQ's, help guides, tutorials, with links, flashing neons; the whole kaboodle to simplify life of the "newbies", but do you think they care or even read the stuff?

Nooooo, sirreee... They come busting in with the elegance of a young elephant, crying havoc, usually in the wrong section of the wrong forum, because they think the whole universe evolves around *them*...

Well, pardon me sunshine -that's to the imaginary newbie- but get yer lily-white butt out of my face and LQQK around the place... :lol:

As an outsider, who doesn't have to deal with these situations on an hourly basis, it may seem rude, and maybe it is, but it is even more rude to come busting in without even having the respect to read the things that were meant to help them in the first place...

Just my 2 euro-cents, Biggbaa ;)

JJ