To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

NO DOWNLOAD RATE

newbie89

I've had bitcomet for quite a while now and everything's worked fine. however, now there is just no download rate. the torrents are healthy with plenty of seeds and the little green arrow on the side is shown saying that the torrent is downloading but there is no download or upload rate and none of the file is downloaded. would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what the problem is. thanks

Newbie89, you need to look at the status of the swarm. How many seeders, how many peers, and which are you connected to? (Seeds/Peers column). If you're not connected to any (peers tab), then you need to see if you're having problems with connecting to the tracker (Trackers tab) and deal with any error messages present.

Superserge, you apparently managed to read that post without paying any attention at all to what it said.

I have plenty of peers and seeds and connection to trackers with excellent health, still this problem continues. ive tried downloading several various files but all have the same result with excellent seeds/health but just no download rate. this is very frustrating!!!!! as this problem only suddenly happened. ive been using bitcomet for several months and nothing like this has happened before

Oh, you're annoyed? Hmm.

How about somone who asks questions without being bright enough to figure that we need to know something about his system before we can help?

How about someone who actually claims to have read a post saying "please include this information if you have a question", yet still doesn't include the info?

How about someone who, after being twitted for doing something so dumb, STILL hasn't provided the info and wants to b**** about being reminded instead?

Let that airhead be annoyed.

lol Buuuurned.

Anyway, I seem to have the same problem: plenty of seeds and peers (7/29[13/314]), 1497% Health, but 0Kb/s download rate (and sometimes up to 2kB/s). I checked to see if I was connected to other peers, and I am, and I even upload to them (sometimes at phenomenal speeds). I've only had a download speed above 6kB/s once (and it was 15kB/s!), which I attribute to my slow connection. Any help is appeciated.

Windows XP Tablet Edition

BitComet 0.79

Norton Internet Security 2005*

Windows Firewall

Linksys WRT54G Router (I'm bypassing it at the moment, but it has never given me trouble with BitComet.)

Broadband connection, 450kbps download, 550kbps upload

*Also, while I'm at it, I left my connection open all night (as I usually do) and NIS had a message on my screen when I woke up. It says, "A remote system is attempting to access Microsoft Local Security Authority Shell on your computer," and defaults to "Permit Always (Recommended)." I put "Block Once" just in case, but is this BitComet-related, or was I almost the victim of identity theft? BitComet seemed to run normally (that is, small download speeds) while the message was up, and after I closed it.

Who is your ISP?

maybe they have started throttling you because you hit some cap or are now throttling all BT traffic.

As a test, see what kind of speeds you get with this torrent

I tried this but even with this torrent i still get 0kb/s download and upload rate eventhough seeds/peers is 24/30 and health of 2400%

You never answered my question as to who your ISP is.

If your not seeing any peers at all then this means you are not connecting to the tracker

In the tracker tab do you see errors.

if you do this probably means either a firewall of yours or a firewall of your ISP is blocking these connections

So, again I ask who is your ISP?

Will I have to restart my downloads if I go back a version?

42Wired,

No, you can safely uninstall the version you have and install v0.70 and all your downloads/torrents and most of your settings will still be there.

After you install v0.70 go through the settings guide in my sig to verify that your settings are proper for your connection.

Any members making rude or nasty comments to our staff and/or members will receive an official warning, and/or account restrictions.

I have deleted the nasty comments, and replys regarding them.

I will NOT allow discussions in this tone

Our staff are professionals who donate their time to help members, so please show some respect.

Also, we spend a great deal of time here posting information. If a member can't be bothered to read first, then provide the necessary info so that we can help them, then it is they that are being rude, NOT the staff member that refers them to our posting guidelines.

Suspect

You never answered my question as to who your ISP is.

If your not seeing any peers at all then this means you are not connecting to the tracker

In the tracker tab do you see errors.

if you do this probably means either a firewall of yours or a firewall of your ISP is blocking these connections

So, again I ask who is your ISP?

My ISP is TalkTalk broadband and have been with them for a year and this problem only started a week or so ago. I am connected to the tracker which is returning 20+ peers.

My ISP is TalkTalk

We have had a VERY LARGE number of reports regarding TalkTalk.

They block users that they suspect are using peer to peer file sharing such as Bit Comet.

I suggest you make a very long list of completely legal torrents you are trying to download and complain to them. Although this will not make them stop doing this, it may (in time) convince them that they are losing customers by doing this.

The next step is to shop for a new ISP. If you have a contract with TalkTalk, then I suggest you insist they STOP throttling your connection, or cancel the contract.

I would also recommend posting warning every where you can, in internet forums, chat rooms, local post office, community centers, train stations, and underwater shipwrecks.

and anywhere else you can think of.

Suspect

ps. two brothers forced Apple to change their policy regarding Ipod batteries by posting signs saying their "unreplaceable" battery only lasts 18months. They video tape themselves posting these messages, and recorded a phone call to Ipods support center.

http://www.ipodsdirtysecret.com/

first of all id like to apologise to kluelos for our arguement.

i too have talktalk connection and the same has happened to my download speed and i have tried everything that you can think of so it must be talktalk throttling the speed,i downloaded limewire and cos it was a small file i had speeds of 60kbps which is wot i usually expect from my speed so its just the bigger downloads that i have the problem with.

as suspect says we need to get onto talktalk and demand they stop this or we will take action across the country to make this known to other talktalk customers.

thanks for your help people and again im sorry for getting funny with kluelos before.

keep up your good work for us others.

serge