To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

laptop completely freezes

Using bit comet v 1.27

DSL connection

Modem Router combination

Windows 7

The problem is that when I open bitcomet within about 2 minutes the whole computer freezes up . This did not happen until I updated

to v 1.27 . I uninstalled and went back to v 1.26 and it is still happening . How do I get bitcomet back to rights . Is anyone else having

this issue ?

There haven't been any reports of this. If it still happens under 1.26, then the problem was likely coincidental with the upgrade.

First thing you want to check is your system error log. If you haven't been cleaning it out, you will probably need to do that (no need to save it, at this point) and start fresh. Look for the red errors and see if they give you any information.

In the meantime, and because it never hurts, do a memory test on your system. If it shows no problems, that's one less issue to worry about.

Please also describe what you mean by "freezes up". Are you saying that the computer stops responding and not even mouse movement is possible? or do you get a hard crash showing the infamous "blue screen of death"? or is it only your internet activity that freezes?

If there was a program crash with bitcomet, then only the bitcomet window would be effected. In your case your system is becoming unstable to the point that windows is completely unable to handle the crash or even shut it self down (bluescreen).

Check event viewer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Open-Event-Viewer

Also get a memory tester and make sure you don't have defective memory installed.

the only issue I am having is that the memory is fine and it has to be the program bitcomet . It has not happened after switching to Utorrent. I like bitcomet better but can not live with it freezing up the system .

On an average day there are 2.5million people using bitcomet. Your the only person I've seen reporting this and the fact that windows would successfully handle any program that doesn't respond or crashes, allowing you to continue operating the computer and restart the program or troubleshoot why it wasn't responding, but in your case it's windows itself that's failing. If it was a windows programming error, then it would likely show you something in the error logs, have you checked?

It is possible that bitcomet has uncovered a problem with your computer that just hasn't surfaced yet, but from what you report, it is not likely the cause.

You were asked to check windows to see what events were reported but you haven't replied with any info, useful or otherwise, nor have you reported running any memory tests, other then saying your memory is fine. If you know that it's fine, then what tests have you run to check it and what outcome did it report?

We are all willing to help, but your not doing what we suggest and simply stating it's a program problem even though no one else reports it, plus the fact that your description resembles a hardware failure not a program fault.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also having the same issue. The log file states I/O device error while downloading torrents. Nothing goes beyond 1%.

It has started happening after bitcomet upgrade to 1.27.

Only the mouse moves and once i forcefully shuts down the bitcomet... everything is alive again.

I am also having the same issue. The log file states I/O device error while downloading torrents. Nothing goes beyond 1%.

It has started happening after bitcomet upgrade to 1.27.

Only the mouse moves and once i forcefully shuts down the bitcomet... everything is alive again.

Can you please make a new topic. Your problem may be different, and even if it is the same, it will get very confusing if we try to help both of you in the same topic.

I'm also having this problem with Bitcomet, when Bitcomet is active my pc freezes for a couple seconds with the same sound effect as with an BSOD. though after 2-5 seconds it continues as it should. Also exiting Bitcomet makes the issue disappear...

I'm also having this problem with Bitcomet, when Bitcomet is active my pc freezes for a couple seconds with the same sound effect as with an BSOD. though after 2-5 seconds it continues as it should. Also exiting Bitcomet makes the issue disappear...

I guess you didn't read this?

Can you please make a new topic. Your problem may be different, and even if it is the same, it will get very confusing if we try to help both of you in the same topic.

Unless your trying to help a member with his/her problem, you shouldn't jump into the middle of our attempts to help with descriptions of your own problem.

Also, if you expect help, you'r going to have to provide info.

To summarize...

@ arafey,

please start your very own thread and make sure to, at least, include THIS

@ steff0o0o,

please start your very own thread and make sure to, at least, include THIS

Thank you. :)