To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Listen Port

luckyar3

You can provide enough information for us to know how to help you. It's all spelled out in the post you should have read already, but in your haste, you only wasted your own time, and all we can do is tell you we need more information.

1) BitComet_1.28 and BitComet beta versions I have used so far.

2) ADSL internet connection.

3) Modem+Router it is a rented one. I had never forwarded my port.

4) I have 2 PCs both connects to the same modem. And my modem is connected to my phone line through a spilter which has 2 spliters.

5) Windows XP, Windows firewall, Avast! antivirus.

6) From my 1st day listen port is blocked.I'm using bitcomet from 2 months.

7) As per speed tests internet speed is acc to my internet plan.

I hope that I have provided all my essential info. that can help you to give directions to me.

And sorry for not giving you info(s) that are required as I dont know what to do.

Since your using a router, it will need to know what port your bitcomet is using, and what IP address it can be found at. This process is called "portforwarding". It's really only a simple setting in your router, but no two routers are the same, so we can't tell you how to do it, even if we knew what make and model you use.

What I recommend you do is write down the make and model and go to "portforward.com" (ignore advertisements to sell you software to do this for you, the software doesn't make it any easier and is totally unnecessary), then find the guide for your make and model and follow all instructions.

I'd also recommend you look at the topic on portforwarding in our forum, it will prepare you for some of the things you'll need to know.

Also keep in mind that firewalls can also block your port, and it's possible to have more then one blocking you, os if opening your routers post doesn't fix the problem, it's possible you had multiple problems.

This whole process takes only a couple minutes to do, but it may require upto a couple hours if your new to this, so be prepared to spend the needed time, it will only get you frustrated if you try to do it quickly while the kids are fighting and the dog wants to be walked. Relax and do it when you have some quiet time, and you'll gain some valuable knowledge and experience.

Thanks very much.

I have checked by disabling and then enabling my firewall.But nothing happened.

I had already read the article(greywizard).But I'll read it again coz someone have given me advise and that someone is from technical support person.

1 ques.- while doing the process of portforwarding do I need to close my programs that uses internet?

Name of my router was not there in add port mapping in NAT router.Then I downloaded PFconfig name was not there also but there was an option called not listed so I used that option and I moved on to update my router it was updated as it says but no change was there.Model of my router is the model no. written in the mannual?I searched for that model no.

I don't recall anyone telling you to download or install PF config, thats completely unnecessary, you just need to change a few simple settings in your router.

You should be able to read the make and model off the back or bottom of the device, but it's your hardware, you either purchased it, or it was provided by your isp, no one here knows what you use, so you're going to have to figure that out.

Yes I remember that no one told me to use PF config even you told me not to use PF config but when I didn't found my router name then I had to downloaded that software.This is my last post to you on this issue coz nothing is going to happen.

Administrator, Kluelos, Mudit4 and Greywizard THANKS very much to all of you.

• 2 months later...

good day, would be anyone help me. i can still download but its too slow it said listen port is block how to unblock it thanks

Unfortunately, if you are unable to read and follow the instructions in the topic titled "READ THIS before posting", then you're probably not going to understand the help we provide. Perhaps you can find someone with a better understanding of English to communicate the information we need.

• 1 month later...

I was able to unblock my listen port by:

Open - Control Panel

Click on and start - Network Setup Wizard

When you get to File and printer sharing, Turn on file and printer sharing.

Reboot

My listen port is now unblocked and I have the Green Light

Download speeds are greatly increased