To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

web seeds wasting data

It seems you know more about error chewcking than I do seeing you are totally unmabl;e to accept a simple fact

YOUR OWN SYSTEM IS TELLING YOU  THAT IT IS REJECTING PACKETS AS FAULTY

for the last time

ARE YOU GONNA DOWNLOAD THE TORRENT I SHARED IN BITCOMET AND ANY OTHER CLIENT TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE

STRAIGHT ANSWER

YES OR NO

IF YOU ARE GONNA GIVE ME A NO

THEN I WOULD KNOW YOU ARE TOO FULL OF YOURSELF TO MAKE ANY RATIONAL DECISION

Why is it so flamin' difficult for you to accept a very simple fact. A hash check does what it says - it checks the packet against the checksum - any discrepancy and it asks for a resend. It then TELLS you that it has downloaded extra bytes and WHY it did that.

Please go and google for 'checksum', 'packet loss' and 'hash check'

Let's put previous conversations behind

I hope you see something in the below screenshots

Can we agree on one thing

Avg Download Speed x Task Run time = Data Downloaded

First half of the screenshot describes the download in BitComet. Download never gets completed. Task size = 2.19 GB, Avg Speed= 8.8MB/s, Download duration = 376s(6:16), Estimated Download Size = 8.8 x 376 = ~3.23 GB which is close to what is shown below

image.thumb.png.282f9028ddd2e50a9608e7070d630962.png

Second screenshot describes the download in qBittorent. Please note qBittorent doesn't track in seconds. I'm gonna take download time as 330s(5:30) between 5 and 6 minutes. Avg Download Speed = 7.1MB/s. Estimated Download Size = 7.1 x 330 = 2.28 GB

DO YOU STILL INTEND TO NOT BELIEVE ME?

AGAIN.......

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BELIEVE ME

JUST SEE FOR YOURSELF BY TESTING IT ON YOUR OWN

Your 'point' is simple:

1: No-one else has this problem

2: The problem cannot be reproduced

3: You have been told WHERE the problem is occuring

4: You simply cannot face the fact that there is NO bug in the software

How can you be so blind even after seeing screenshots

Do the math for yourself.

There is a screenshot comparing two clients where it pretty clear that BC downloads more data than task (almost 1gb wasted data) while qBt doesn't

To reproduce the problem you actually need to download the torrent wise-a**

You just don't wanna admit you are TOTALLY wrong

11 hours ago, showstoppre said:

To reproduce the problem you actually need to download the torrent wise-a**

To disrespect ANY Staff and/or Member in these forums is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Until further notice, this thread is CLOSED.

• cassie locked this topic

This topic is exactly how not to behave in this forum.

This is a community support forum we will not tolerate our volunteers being harassed. If you don't like the advice you are given that does not give you the right to harass the person giving the advice. If you don't like the software nobody is forcing you to use it.

No one here is obligated to help you. If you don't like the way bitcomet users are helping you you can email the development team directly. If you continue to harass our members you will be removed from the Forum.

• Like 1

Without reading this entire insanely long thread it appears that the answer is obvious. When downloading a torrent using BitTorrent protocol you do not download files you download small pieces of those files. When using web seed you download the entire file even if you only need a small piece of it. This is the only way some torrents can complete. It's really not rocket science. If you have a torrent that consists of a 2GB video file and it will not complete using BitTorrent pieces because some of them are not available you will have to download the entire 2GB video file in order to make the missing BitTorrent pieces. This is not an efficient way to download however it is swarm friendly because after you complete the download bitcomet can then manufacture the missing pieces and share them with the Swarm. If the missing pieces are part of a small file it's not a big deal but in some cases it will result and a lot of unnecessary downloading. Most people agree that it's worth it to be able to complete a download that other torrent clients cannot. It is certainly worth it if you are then able to revive a dead torrent.

Now you have a second opinion if you don't like it you don't have to accept it. None of us are obligated to help you and will not continue to tolerate rude Behavior.

Please become a positive member of the community and you will be welcome here. If you continue to insult our volunteers you will be removed.

• Like 1

Ps. The behavior you noticed wasting data can be disabled by disabling the services listed in bitcomet options. This will make bitcomet operate like every other bit torrent client. The downside is you will no longer have the ability to complete torrents that are not fully seeded. Unfortunately the cost for this ability sometimes means data is wasted and that cannot be avoided.

• Like 1