To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Downloading Problems Help Please

Kerzhi

Recently, I am unable to download anything, unfortunely I don't have a clue what the problem is, help would be much appreciated. I have downloaded both Firefox 2.0 and IE 7, but after reading other posts, this probably isn't the problem. I have also checked my firewall and allowed in & out access for bitcomet, I am also running Windows XP. Thank You.

untitled.jpg

Check the trackers tab and look at the result you're getting from the tracker.

I have the same problem like you, and I am using 0.70 as well, it works before, but suddenly not working, I search the whole forum for answer, but no luck. Want to see someone can help here....

I am using Window Firewall, and Spydoctor for the firewall, I have install Firefox too.

By the way, I cannot do screen shot in the message box either, can you please let me know how....Thanks.

i cant see my downloads..its showing im downloading 2 files in the statisticts pane Overall Infos: Torrents: 2 | Peers: 867 | Sockets: 1858 (HTTP: 8)

TCP Connections: Established: 798 | Half-Open: 4 | Waiting: 101

Overall Download Rate: 155 KB/s Connection Limits: 40 - 800 per task

Overall Upload Rate: 3 KB/s Upload slots: 1 /- .but summery pane isn't showing anything

ie: downloads.name/size/%/kb down/kb up/time left/seeders/health/..none of these things..just a blank page.how do i correct this.

Rocket, it seems by your report that your files are downloading fine, and at a pretty good rate too.

If you don't understand how the process works, then please review the guide "new to bit torrent" by soraiya.

this guide will give you all the basics so you are better prepared to ask any questions you may have.

Kerzhi,

I suggest you download a known good torrent. this will tell us if the problem is with your client, or with the torrent you are using.

here is a good source...

http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/index.html

You should also get good speed with one of these.

Suspect

i cant see my downloads..its showing im downloading 2 files in the statisticts pane Overall Infos: Torrents: 2 | Peers: 867 | Sockets: 1858 (HTTP: 8)

TCP Connections: Established: 798 | Half-Open: 4 | Waiting: 101

Overall Download Rate: 155 KB/s Connection Limits: 40 - 800 per task

Overall Upload Rate: 3 KB/s Upload slots: 1 /- .but summery pane isn't showing anything

ie: downloads.name/size/%/kb down/kb up/time left/seeders/health/..none of these things..just a blank page.how do i correct this.

i guess it was a fluke.now i can see everything.. to do a screenshot..get a page you want.press the printscreen button..open paint .click edit,then paste.thats it.

You can try using a proxy for your tracker connections.

http://www.proxy4free.com/index.html

If you choose to use a proxy only use it for the tracker connections

also you should check the option in Bitcomets preferences to Report LAN ip to tracker

Also in Bitcomets preferences change the Encryption option to Always Enable

Besides using a proxy for tracker connections and using encryption for all peer connections there isnt much you can easily do.