To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

100% download - but file shows Incomplete Bitcomet Download

gl1tche

Hi guys. my bitcomet shows a 100% download for one of my downlaods. however, when it had uploaded a fair amount i closed it and stopped it uploading. i then went to my folder in which the download was in and found the file. it was unrecognised and had Bitcomet Incomplete Download written below it. (i have stopped it uploading). i then double clicked on it again after trying many methods to get it showing but still nothing works, only a new file opens and the downlaod begins again. please help!!!

Hi guys. my bitcomet shows a 100% download for one of my downlaods. however, when it had uploaded a fair amount i closed it and stopped it uploading. i then went to my folder in which the download was in and found the file. it was unrecognised and had Bitcomet Incomplete Download written below it. (i have stopped it uploading). i then double clicked on it again after trying many methods to get it showing but still nothing works, only a new file opens and the downlaod begins again. please help!!!

make a copy of the file downloaded file to your desktop

change the file ext to suit the file

ie: movie .avi or what ever it should be

Thanks for the help, but i dont exactly understand what your saying about the exe.

do u mean change the name of the file, or convert the movie?

thanks

Thanks for the help, but i dont exactly understand what your saying about the exe.

do u mean change the name of the file, or convert the movie?

thanks

incomplete files by default in BC have a .bc extension to them unless you changed the setting in BC to alter that

so I mean for you to change the file extention to the movie type (if thats what it is) so it could be .avi

you have to have the settings right in windows to do that or download the property cafe from my blog and change the ext. with that

http://my.opera.com/caf4926/blog/show.dml/75377

when you start/ restart a torrent you must make sure that it points towards the location of the downloaded file. At the top of the window when you start a torrent. Check in properties of the started torrent that says 100% at the top it says where the file is located.

If you start a torrent and that line doesnt match with where your file is, BitComet will start a new download

my bitcomet shows a 100% download for one of my downlaods. however, when it had uploaded a fair amount i closed it and stopped it uploading. i then went to my folder in which the download was in and found the file. it was unrecognised and had Bitcomet Incomplete Download written below it. (i have stopped it uploading). i then double clicked on it again after trying many methods to get it showing but still nothing works, only a new file opens and the downlaod begins again.

First step is to check whether your file is OK. Read this post and do as it says. After you'll have made this...

If your Bitcomet:

- still shows 0%: double-check that your file is where BitComet thinks it should be (and has .bc! extension!) - "Save Location" in "Task Properties"; change either file's location or "Save Location" for them to match and hash-check again;

- shows 0<x<100%: there were some errors, and BitComet must complete this download;

- shows 100% - stop the task and check whether BitComet removed .bc! from file; if not then remove it yourself.

P.S. Well, next time you're going to ask question (on reading FAQs ;) ) provide some details - it's better to give more details than needed than otherwise. That'll save you (and others) some time.

• 11 years later...

It can be happen .. Do a Manual Hash Check and it will tell you the exact download file size after it complete..