To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

log-in problem

hsheng06

I've unable to log in my app for a long time now, no matter how hard I tried. Nothing would happen even entering wrong mailbox or passwords on purpose, it just stay as in the attachment. I wonder what happened. Besides, it seems that my id at this forum has nothing to do with my cometID.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

To login to BitComet app, all you have to do is to enter the same credentials you used to login to this forum.

This forums has no longer a standalone login/register system; it has been incorporated with CometID, the same system used by BitComet.

In other words, if you have a CometID account, you can login with the same username/password to both BitComet app and CometForums.

Thank you for helping me. However, the funny thing is, even I've changed my password at

http://www.cometid.com/accounts/profile?action=update_password,

and log out of this forum, when I click log in, I'm back just fine!

Besides, "My Settings"(http://www.cometforums.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=email) seems not work at this forum.

Something may have gone wrong with the system, I guess.

Ok, now I'm in by using the first portion of my e-mail address instead of the entire address - a new log-in way that I've been no idea for a while :P

Staff Edit: It's not a good idea to post your e-mail address in a public forum... you may end up getting a lot of unwanted activity (from unauthorized access of your account, up to (but not limited to) someone taking over your computer)

Edited by cassie (see edit history)

hsheng06, the unusual occurrences you've experienced are because you initially created your forum account back in 2007, long before CometID or BitComet Passport were developed, so when the forum was modded to incorporate cometID, your two accounts were merged, as was mine, however I made sure to get the same username for cometID that I used in the forum so it wouldn't be as confusing, but the fact that you're able to log into both shows it's working as it should even if it seems unusual to you.

• 2 months later...

Dear sir.

I am unable to login with the bitcomet download program for a couple days now, yet I have logged in here with easy. I understand it may be a server problem, nevertheless it is always a worry that it may be something wrong with one's computer, thus for a latter version that could be some kind of automatic message from the login in the program telling the user that the server is down.

Thank you.

Bitcomet cannot tell the difference between a server down, a firewall blocking, or a local network problem. If you cannot log in and you are curious, you can come here and see if others have reported the same thing. It generally happens once a year or so and it always gets fixed, but with or without comet ID bitcomet works very well.

• 1 month later...

Same problem here. I can login to BitComet sites and forum, but it keeps timing out trying to login from the BitComet application. I just tried updating to the new release, 1.43, from 1.42 and it still has the same problem. It has to be something from the server's end. My port for BitComet is forwarded outside the firewall and nothing else on my end is blocking it. BitComet shows a green WAN connection.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/2/2017 at 9:24 PM, tahlias said:

Again the same problem....Hey guys FIX that shit

And who, pray tell, do you think YOU are? Let me set you straight, tahlias... you are a user  (and quite an imperious one at that) of BitComet, nothing more.

When one receives a great FREE product with FREE SUPPORT, that person should, at the very least, show a minimum amount of decorum for receiving said services, instead of rudely demanding that the original (and altruistic) donors "fix" this or that.

Just so you can broaden your frame of reference, let me inform you that the "guys" that you are talking down to all have regular day jobs and nowhere in their job descriptions does it state that they are on this Earth to specifically please you and your inflated airs of grandeur. Think about it... you would do well to remember this the next time that you feel the urge to post something.

• Like 1

To those complaining because there are no paid staff working 24/7 to keep the cometID server up and running, if you put forth any effort to learn about bitcomet you'd know it can work as well as any other client without cometID, and the cometID servers are usually up and running about 99% of the business days even though it's developed, maintained and supported by volunteers and has always been free software. If you'd like the cometID system working closer to 100%, then please contact me in order to make a donation. If enough of you donate perhaps we can have someone on call to keep servers up, or add more redundant servers because we are currently working on a shoestring budget.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Alright I get that the server is going to be down at times and it's only volunteers, but we're going on weeks now... as in more than one. This is not just a weekend or a couple days. Do you guys not have any pride in your work? Get off your asses and fix it if you know it's down.

No-one here has any control over the server that has been said over and over again. We're all just USERS here and have nothing to do with the server, restarting it or even feeding the hamsters.