To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

bitcomet stop autmatically

mzzn1

I am running windows 7 86x professional and kaspersky firewall I had bitcomet 1.21 working good for along time but in the last few weeks it starts to close on a different intervals not more than 10 minutes so I uninstall it completly and install the new version 1.22 it work for few days but it start to has the same problem it close every about 1 or 2 minutes without any sign can anyone help me please ?

Hi,

Whenever you have a question, you first have to provide what we consider the Essentials and be able to include the maximum amount of detailed information (speed test results, the settings that you're using, which Tutorial/s you have followed, etc.) possible - the more, the better.

First of all, this looks like a support request not a bug report, so it will be moved, expect to find it in the proper section.

Secondly, please provide the rest of the required info so our staff can give you more accurate advice. I also recommend you better describe what you mean by "starts to close". This is very vague and could mean several things. If the program is crashing, then what error message are you getting? It's also possible you are simply saying your downloads stop? It's hard to tell by the wording your using. If English isn't your primary language, then we can understand your difficulty, but try to explain this in more detail and provide screenshots (we have a guide for making and posting them) for anything you can't describe fully.

*read the link below*

I am so sorry but this is my first time to write here, also English is not my native language, anyway

1)I'm using Bitcomet version 1.22(the last version)

2)My internet connection is DSL 4MB

3)I'm using speedtouch router and DLink access point and my laptop wireless connection (but the problem happend with any other method of internet connection)

4)I'm using a LAN with several computers

5) I use windows 7 professional and Kaspersky 2010 internet secuity firewall enabled

The problem appear from about two weeks with no change in the above configarations. When bitcomet start it last for few minutes and then close without any crash or error massages it just close thats all.

Have you checked the Windows Application/System Event logs for any entries about this?

You should check Kaspersky's logs too. I mean the ones for the HIPS component of the suite, especially, but you can check the Firewall, IDS and Anti-Virus logs as well. (I'm assuming that it has one, since most Internet Security suites do these days, but I haven't used Kaspersky in a long time so I can't point you to the exact menu).

Also, after BitComet closes, is its process still present in the Task Manager?

Hi! I have the same problem. After upgrade to version 1.22. BitComet works about 5 minutes and closes without any message. But I found only one record in Applicaton Event Log (view attachment. sorry, my OS is russian). BitComet 1.22, LAN PPPoE, Windows Vista x64, no router, Windows Firewall enabled, antivirus - Microsoft Security Essentials.error.txt

You should both try downgrading to a previously working version of BitComet, to see if the issue goes away again. If it does not then you've probably made some change to your system that is the problem now.